Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Maia0628

1. Question of the week

Happy Monday sleeved and soon to be sleeved. My question of the week is when did you realize that surgical help was what you needed? I know we have all had that moment of clarity that our weight was more than we could handle on our own.

My moment was after losing 70 pounds and had the false hope that I finally had my weight under control and started to "stray" from my strict no flour no sugar life style. I know these things need to be limited buy my doctor told me this wasn't ...
  2. My disease is real too!

Obesity the ignored disease....

I work in healthcare and see sickness in all ages and forms. *I have noticed lately that obesity isn't looked at the same way as other diseases. Especially by those who have never had weight issues. Obese people are viewed as out of control gluttons that could loose weight if they weren't so damned lazy!! Well I know better we all have our own individual reasons for the way we are and if it was such an easy fix the country wouldn't be plagued by obesity ...
  3. Terrified and excited all at the same time.

I am a newbie and have just started this process. I am 39 years old and have been overweight or obese for approximately 33 of my 39 years. I have literally tried every weight loss solution that I have been made aware of. I had the most success with FA Food Addicts in recovery I lost 60 pounds and was forces to recognize that food addiction is real and I don't doubt that I have food issues I just don't agree with all of this groups priciples. It was a hard strict food plan that I managed to adhere ...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123