Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Gayle

1. Shhhhh.........The "S" Word.

This will be my first month of no weight loss whatsoever. I have been wobbling between 146 and 142 for a whole month. Count my losses on the 13th (monthaversary). November 13th was 143.2. Today , with 3 days to go, was 143.
    Yes, the mind games! Oh! The mind games!!
    Is this it? No more? Am I eating too much? Have I been going too easy on the exercise? Should I start a liquid fast?
    Am I doomed to regain? Have I been under counting calories? Etc. Etc. Etc.
    Yes. I have ...
  2. When all else fails -- measure yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
    As many of you know, starting at day 10 I stalled for 39 days. The only thing that kept me going was the ever smaller number of inches in my measurement.
    I am now losing weight again and exercising like a crazy lady (but loving it)
    But here are my 9 week results :
    neck -1 inch
    bust -4.5 inches
    chest -6 inches
    waist -8 inches
    beach ball tummy - 7 inches
    hips -4.5 inches
    knee -.75 inches
    thigh -3 inches
    calf
  3. What can you expect? Progress at 8 weeks and Good News!

Hello All!
    The "obese" word WAS a millstone around my neck -- now I have passed that milestone and am now "overweight"! Woot!
    Here's are the changes I have noticed in 8 weeks. Maybe some of you can gain comfort in this.
    1. down 63 pounds from all time high 2 summers ago.
    2. down 30 pounds since the day of surgery.
    3. size 22's literally falling off of me.
    4. I have gone from totally sedentary to being able to swim 1 mile per day
  4. Going back to school -- What a difference a summer makes

School pre planning started this Monday. All teachers, no students, The reaction to my weight loss is amazing!
    I have had several complements on how healthy I look, how skinny I am, Have you lost a lot of weight?, how did you do it? (I tell the truth), wow! you look great, even a hint of a pass made at me by another teacher. So weird!! So nice!!
    Yesterday I wore my favorite capris to school -- black with embroidered daisies -- and they fell off me -- literally! A colleague used
  5. Stall over??? Please, God, let it be over!!!

I LOST ANOTHER POUND!!!!! OMG!!! HAPPY DANCE!!! The first thing I wanted to do after I weighed myself was change my ticker -- am I nuts? This ticker is my reward / punishment system.
    I am so happy to see movement after so many weeks of 1 pound/week loss. Livestrong.com says I'd lost 4 pounds this week -- wooott!!!
    55 pounds total from the time I started Livestrong.com 2 years ago! I need to get to 170 pounds to be rid of the "obese" tag. My daughter and I plan
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast