Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Thanks .. i also had a hernia and having problems keeping food down i have 2 month of my surgery and i have lost 30 pounds... lately i am only loosing 1.5 pounds a week i was 206 but i am more than happy my goal is 155 by march 18 so i think i have time
    happy that you feeling better...
    Thank goodness they finally figured out the problem and that you are better now. That was surely a grueling two weeks for you! I'm glad you are doing well now and can enjoy your weight loss (incredible) and that you feel good again.
    Just wanted everybody to know that I went to dr and they did bloodwork. I am dehydrated and labs showed something going on with pancreas. Have to go back today for more tests and IV fluids.
    Everyone is different so you just have try things and see what your sleeve will allow you to take in. Ground chicken or chicken in can work for me if you mix light dressing with it. I am 3 weeks out and feel great. I am very thankful that I can tolerate everythigh thus far....
    Thanks everybody! I will call office tomorrow. @bethmn27 yes I had really bad GERD and still am on Dexilant for it. @kelly jo I know that is one thing I can rule out since I had my gallbladder removed almost 15 years ago.
    Could possibly be gallbladder issues as well as this is very common with this surgery. Get it checked out.
    I just had my one week post op appointment and my Dr. was talking to me about some warning signs to watch for and one of them was not being able to keep food or water down. She said usually you notice it getting worse and worse as time goes on. She called it stricture....it's where there is scar tissue build up and they go down and stretch it back out or remove the scar tissue or something. Definitely get in and get it checked out!
    I agree, ask your doctor as soon as you can - you definitely don't want to dehydrate and you don't want a tear eitehr. Did you have acid reflux before surgery? And are you on something for acid reflux now?
    i hope you feel better, if not please see your DR...
    No, but go to the doctor that would be sensible you dont want to dehyrate. All the best.
    I'm in between semi solids and trying to get a few other solids in now. I agree with what everyone has posted here already. Yesterday I actually ate 3 ounces of chunk chicken in the can mixed with chicken gravy and 1 oz of cauliflower with cheese sauce. Everything was good with that. It's a trial and error kind of thing. Luckily I've been able to keep everything down I've tried. Today I had chili and tortilla soup then for dinner, both in restaurants. I ate a few spoonfuls of each, but everything was good. If something doesn't work for you one week, try it another week or two later. Much success to you.
    My nutritionist says the crock pot should be our best friend. Dark meat is not at dry also...for when you are brave enough to go again. lol
    Well thank you everybody! I had chili for dinner and so far so good. Rebecca, that is so funny you mention meatloaf because I was just thinking about that.
    Bake yourself some meatloaf. 1.5 pd hambuger 2 eggs, 1 onion chopped fine, 3/4 cup quick oats, 1 teaspoon sage.. 3/4 cup skim milk, .salt and pepper to taste. form in a loaf ...bake on 350 for 45-60 minutes...you can put low fat gravey on it also.

Eat meats that you can put some gravey on also thinly sliced turkey or chicken deli meat, I also eat baked shrimp and Vankamps fish and baked fish. I am 3 months post op today and I still cannot eat chicken, roast or steak. I cannot eat a hambuger unless is is cooked rare and dipped in baked beans. No eggs for me they come back up.
    Updated 06-04-2012 at 07:34 PM by Rebecca50
    chicken and eggs where not good for me. Ground beef is okay also tuna, shrimp, and I eat alot of cottage cheese, and refried beans. Still I am 7 months post op and chicken is still hard for me.
    I can handle meat as long as it isnt dry. Like when we have chicken I usually dip it in low fat ranch.. or bake it in italian dressing.
    You need to stay away from the tougher meats like the chicken and pork and try ground beef or ground chicken/turkey. We seem to handle the ground meats better in the begining stages. You may also have to cook your chicken and pork in a crockpot to get it really really tender and soft. I still like soups, chilii, etc. at four months out and I don't handle chicken, steak, or pork very well.