Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

I use unflavored protein with a 1/2 banana and a tablespoon of vanilla pudding (dry mix) and it taste wonderful
    I tried the pudding... it makes them more bearable... but still not a fan. I just have a hard time drinking something so sweet.
    For those fed up with shakes, I found a trick! Try adding a little bit of sugar free pudding mix! Ahhhhh..... Butterscotch, banana cream, chocolate.... Yum!
    Don't despair.... I am EXACTLY where you are! Sleeved on 5/24 - lost 18 lbs by day 9 and the scale hasn't moved since (well it went down 1lb and then back up 2 GRRR) I am just trying to focus on my protein and I know I have to be better about my water and kick up my exercise. I went to the gym last night, did 20mins on the elliptical, burned 210 cals and did 1.54mi - then I did 10mins on the bike - a little over 2 miles and another 70 cals burned. I ATE 56g protein (I really HATE the shakes) and a total of 580 cals. This all seems like the right thing, so even though the scale isn't moving I know that it will, it has to! Just keep the faith. I don't measure myself, but I believe my clothes are still getting looser. You're lucky to see that 2lbs in a week... I've seen a 2lb gain. Ughhhh We will get over this hump, it's nice to know I'm not alone. Especially since our surgery days are so close. I went into this with a one year expectation but am not so secretly praying for a quicker process. It's normal to be anxious - you can just close your eyes and envision your new body and life and it can be hard to have the patience to get there. I definitely know how slow the days and weeks seem to be passing since surgery. Could time stop standing still please?! LOL But before we know it, it will be next year and we will look AMAZING! I am just hoping for at least 10lbs a month. You're doing just fine. But if you need to vent, message me anytime. I totally get it
    I forgot to mention this. at the end there, you said you were "so Tired" and that combined with feeling blue, you also think you might not be drinking enough....If you start feeling weak and light headed then you are getting dehydrated. It is natural to think you are not eating enough, but that is a misconception. Its the dehydration that causes this. It will lower your blood volume and in turn your blood pressure and cause these symptoms. So drinking diet Gatorade or pedialite is helpful because it has the electrolytes and magnesium you dont get from water alone and will help you rehydrate faster on your own. This is something you want to diligently stay on top of because if you get too far down it can be difficult to come out of it on your own and it is a real pain and expensive to have to get IV fluids for re-hydration from the ER! I learned this the hard way, and had to have IV fluids 3 different times! So take Care my friend! and SIP SIP SIP! Love Rainbow
    So you got really frustrated had a little tantrum/pity party with those M&M's. Now that you have that out of your system : p ......you can get back to doing this thing right. You WILL lose weight and you WILL be successful! You WILL NOT fail this time! kick yourself in the butt, and then get back on that horse. It happened, it's over, and you with your wonderful sense of humor, are capable of doing this!!
    The way you are feeling is very common at this stage. Especially when you have experienced the "Freefall" that you did at first. It really is all in the perception. Especially the first couple months there is a horrible fear that we are going to be able to somehow sabotage and fail like we have so many times in the past. It helps to step back and look at the bigger picture. Loseing 2 lbs a week is actually a goal that was not attainable for most of us before this surgery and if you lose even 10 lbs a month you would have dropped 100 lbs in only 10 months! By anybody's standards that is VERY fast weight-loss! We all have slip-ups! But your sleeve will NOT fail! I am sorry you thought that this was a 6 month project, I realize that some people are able to achieve that, but that is the exception not the rule. In all the seminars (i went to several) and all research i did, Plus what my Bariatric team told me, I knew to expect it to take a year and anything faster then that was just a bonus. Even with knowing this in my head, the first couple months you can feel so impatient because you still have so much left to lose and are going through the pain of it all, trying to heal and get used to barely eating! I promise that at about 3 months out when your body starts being able to feel the success, you will start feeling a lot more confident and happy with the whole process! The first month is all about "healing" your poor little new tummy! To help get through your frustration and doubt my best advice is to keep picturing your life a year from now and How awesome it will be to have this hard part behind you and living life as the new AWESOME THIN you! I happen to love a good wallow now and then so wallow away! Your Body and emotions have been through alot this last month, and you have earned the right! But when you are done, and ready to smile again, look to the future and be proud of what you are doing! Love Rainbow
    I had surgery on 5/25 and have lost26 poundd but only 11 since surgery and i get frustrated too since the scale isnt moving very fast at all. But i did take measurements once a week and i keep dropping inches even with the scale not moving. Its whats kept me from freaking out. My husband says its good its slow that should help the skin from getting too saggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey
    Sounds like you're doing great! Deviled eggs sound so good....think I'll make some. BTW- be careful with the brew...carbonation isn't good for a sleeve .
    Thank you Honey! I will be super careful. I'm going to do some more research before drinking a brew. One that's not quite so carbonated. Hugs!
    Sounds like you're doing great! Deviled eggs sound so good....think I'll make some. BTW- be careful with the brew...carbonation isn't good for a sleeve .
    You are 5 days out, your body is still adjusting to all the changes. Give yourself some time to adjust to the mental changes.

I can honestly say I never regretted my decision, but we are all different and have different paths to follow.

I will say that is it true, every day gets better than the last. In a few weeks, this time will all be a blur and you will be seeing the results of your efforts. Then, tell us how you feel about the decision.

Best wishes on your journey!
    Everything you wrote sounds so very familiar. Today is 2 months for me. I too went through a period that I grieved over what I couldn't eat. Now I am reintroducing real food to my diet I find that if I want a little spoon of something and I think it is moist enough, I give it try. My kids are in town and I live to cook for them. In the past few days I have enjoyed VERY SMALL bites of grilled chicken, a small grilled mushroom and a bite of a grilled baked potatoes without sour cream, cheese or bacon bits. It was delicous! I did not feel deprived at all. And, I too have had a few of the little crispy crack strips from the Golden Arches. I agree that the carbs are trigger foods and for many of us it is best to leave the carbs alone and work on hydration & protein intake. But, I also agree that for those of us who had a food addiction, the thought of NEVER having something can be an overwhelming thought.

I am starting to be able to see the behaviors that must change for me to be a life long WLS success story. This morning I weighed in @ 221, 50 pounds down! The sleeve works and I still can eat - just so much leas than ever before.

As for the beer, this is a really tough one for me too. I spent my 20's in Germany and came to appreciate beer more than I should have. I had started the weight gain/loss cycle and the wheels were in motion. I am currently attempting to come go terms with the fact that need will probably not be reintroduced into my diet ever again. Kinda stinks but.... losing the weight feels soooo much better.

Wishing you well as you continue to recover. I think your feelings are very natural. Here in a couple of months you will start reading others post and realize you were in the same place. With each day you are healing physically and if you are anything like me, emotionally as well. Hang in there!
    Everything you wrote sounds so very familiar. Today is 2 months for me. I too went through a period that I grieved over what I couldn't eat. Now I am reintroducing real food to my diet I find that if I want a little spoon of something and I think it is moist enough, I give it try. My kids are in town and I live to cook for them. In the past few days I have enjoyed VERY SMALL bites of grilled chicken, a small grilled mushroom and a bite of a grilled baked potatoes without sour cream, cheese or bacon bits. It was delicous! I did not feel deprived at all. And, I too have had a few of the little crispy crack strips from the Golden Arches. I agree that the carbs are trigger foods and for many of us it is best to leave the carbs alone and work on hydration & protein intake. But, I also agree that for those of us who had a food addiction, the thought of NEVER having something can be an overwhelming thought.

I am starting to be able to see the behaviors that must change for me to be a life long WLS success story. This morning I weighed in @ 221, 50 pounds down! The sleeve works and I still can eat - just so much leas than ever before.

As for the beer, this is a really tough one for me too. I spent my 20's in Germany and came to appreciate beer more than I should have. I had started the weight gain/loss cycle and the wheels were in motion. I am currently attempting to come go terms with the fact that need will probably not be reintroduced into my diet ever again. Kinda stinks but.... losing the weight feels soooo much better.

Wishing you well as you continue to recover. I think your feelings are very natural. Here in a couple of months you will start reading others post and realize you were in the same place. With each day you are healing physically and if you are anything like me, emotionally as well. Hang in there!
    Glad you're up and about, I had my surgery the day after you did so i'm riding through this journey right beside you!! I haven't had any cravings yet but i never realized how many food commercials are on TV now and how many of my favorite shows have a food segment in them ... EEK!! It's a lot to wrap your mind around, not being able to eat the things we use to but we'll survive this and we'll never be this size again!! Going into my 6month pre-surgery classes i had 100 lbs to loose and lost 40 of that pre-surgery so i get the same questions sometimes (you had the surgery for 60 lbs??) but i did it for the long term benefits ... without this surgery i doubt i would've been strong enough to keep it all off, but now i have a very small reminder of what i need to do! Rest all you need to your body will let you know when it's ready for more and try to make friends with the treadmill when you're up to it!
    Great post!~Good luck. It gets better with time. I've had a few McD's fries, Chinese Food, Subway and lots of salads since my surgery. But, just really small servings! The problem is, those damn carbs still create continuous cravings once you strt eating them, again. But, don't look at it as NEVER being able them or you will get depressed, regretful, etc and you don't want that. I, too, wanted "only" a 70 pound weight loss-that is still a lot of extra weight to be carrying around...look at it this way...it would be 14 five pound bags of sugar hanging off your body!!!! So, don't let people try to tell you that you "weren't that heavy"-yes-you were!!! Anyway...hang in there...
    Also, I asked for a few Zanex for the days leading up to surgery. It helped me!!
    I think the nervousness comes from it being an elected surgery and not something like emergency apendectomy! Stuff like that you don't have so much time to think about it!! That is my big fear too but I have a lot of faith in God, medicine and my doctor and if something happens to me, I'll haunt him for the rest of his life... I'm pretty sure he'll make sure I make it though and send me on my to enjoy the "the new life of the old Linda".. LOL.. I can't wait to see my own transformation... Good luck and keep us posted!!
    Awww, thanks everybody. Man, I didn't know these things went out to the public. I thought out blogs were kept on our profile. Either way, I want to thank you for your comments and kind wishes. Neekeslovely, I am a 4 year old and I am thinking the same way. I've been under before, but for some reason this is really bothering me. There's got to be something more to it. Thank you again tempred and Kelin, I am with you on the valium. I suffer from high anxiety, so I have told them more than once that they better be ready with something.
    I had the exact same thoughts before surgery. When he came to visit me before surgery I told him I was getting ready to leave because I was so nervous and anxious. It was a piece of cake and the valium helped think positive and you will do wonderful!
    Thanks tempred
    You will do great, it is normal to have a few jitters prior to surgery.

Best wishes!
    I am also Very Nervous about my surgrey all I can think abouth is death and not being her for my kids......wondering if this is natural