Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

takia04

Endoscopy- Complete!

Rate this Entry
So I had my endoscopy this past Monday. I was extremely nervous because I have never had an IV or anesthesia. I must say, it wasnt bad. I do remember choking/gagging when they put they tube down my throat (even though I was kocked out cold). But other than that it went fine UNTIL they said there was some irritation in my stomach and that they had to biopsy it! I dont know what that means but I'm hoping everything is okay with me =/ So next on the list is my Psych eval and my 2nd nutritionist appointment which are both on the 21st. My PCP is not too thrilled with my decision to have WLS and has even said he doesnt recommend me having it since I am so young and that I can try to lose the weight on my own. Not something I wanted to hear. I go back to my PCP on the 28th and hopefully I can get him to get on board with this decision. If he doesnt, is there any way I can still have the surgery without the consent of my PCP?

Submit "Endoscopy- Complete!" to Digg Submit "Endoscopy- Complete!" to del.icio.us Submit "Endoscopy- Complete!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Endoscopy- Complete!" to Google

Tags: endoscopy Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

you had to have all that done? WOW!!!! All Im having to do is the nutrition call and the Psych eval they put yall threw the ringer. Im having the sleeve done without my PCP.Where do you live Im in Georgia
    I just had a biopsy taken too when I had my egd done into my stomach last Friday. They told me 5 to 7 days the results would be in and they would call but it actually only took 3 days (friday, saturday & sunday) they called with results on Monday, so hopefully you'll get your results soon! Hopefully it's nothing bad, mine wasnt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebthacker
    you had to have all that done? WOW!!!! All Im having to do is the nutrition call and the Psych eval they put yall threw the ringer. Im having the sleeve done without my PCP.Where do you live Im in Georgia

Yep. Requirements of the insurance and the hospital. They want to make sure that I am going to take this seriously. Im only 26 so I can see my PCP's POV but this weight is killing my back which makes my exercise limited before I have to pop a pain bill that he prescribed to me. I dont want to live like that. It is about 10 things on this check list I have to do before everything is submitted to the insurance. But I will be done with everything in March so hopefully I can get the sleeve the early part of summer or before then without the PCP approval. I live in D.C.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa222
    I just had a biopsy taken too when I had my egd done into my stomach last Friday. They told me 5 to 7 days the results would be in and they would call but it actually only took 3 days (friday, saturday & sunday) they called with results on Monday, so hopefully you'll get your results soon! Hopefully it's nothing bad, mine wasnt.

Oh wow. that was a quick turnaround especially with the weekend. I hope there is nothing wrong either. I'll just wait patiently for my results.
    Im taking pain pills also,and Im sick of it.Ive even had neck sugery because of my back don't know why but its crazy, shots in my back my surgery is in March I cant wait...
    Hopefully you PCP will respect the decision you have made to improve your life. You may be young but as we all know the weight increases health issues. Additionally I am sure you have tried to lose weight on your own, if losing weight was was simple as people think none of us would be here. Best of luck to you pretty girl, love and blessings.