Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

melkisl

1. 3 Months Out From Surgery

3 months out from surgery, 66lb down. I have already given away two trash bags worth of clothes. Luckily for me I have been saving clothes throughout the years and I haven't had to buy anything new yet. However the clothes I have been wearing are getting way too baggy for me already. I have had no complications from the surgery. A few weeks of stalls in between the 12 weeks. But overall, I truly can't complain about anything. This is the most weight I have lost ever at one time. Very happy with ...
  2. 4 Weeks Post- Op

Today is a month since my surgery date. I am 21lb lighter. I was originally taking only 4 weeks out of work. But I had the sick time available so I chose to stay out an extra 2 weeks. My job can have days that I am behind a desk for most of it. Or I could be out on the floor stocking merchandise or in the back unloading a truck. So I decided it was best to allow my body a little more time before taking any chances with lifting something to heavy. Physically I think I would have been fine doing my ...
  3. Post Op Doctor's appt

Today was my two week post -op appt with my doctor. She said everything was good. All the incisions have healed nicely except for the larger one that was infected that now has to heal from the inside out. She said to keep treating it like I have been and it should heal in a weeks time. I need to start B-12 vitamin supplements now. And just keep following my diet plan, which has been going well so far. Already have the doctor's not to go back to work at the end of the month. Surprised that there ...
  4. Day 14 post op

Ok, I am really bad about doing this. But I really haven't had much to say. Today I spent some time at the hospital waiting for my surgeon's assistant to take a look at an infected incision I have. Thought they were all healing well. Until the larger one started hurting me yesterday and I realized it was infected. I tried to treat it myself. But today when I woke up, I was in much more pain and new I had to call the doctor. Fortunately she said it wasn't as bad as she was anticipating. She showed ...
  5. Day 8 Post Op

This is day 8 post op. Having minimal pain. Haven't had any pain meds in 2 days. Need to start getting in my walking, but I am having trouble getting motivated to do so. Which I know I need to do to continue having weight loss. I am down 12 lb since surgery. No problems getting in my protein shakes, or water intake. Just keep something near me to sip on throughout the day. Starting to begin to get hunger pains, which I am not sure is mental or my body actually needing substanance. But I am definately ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast