Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. recovery in one week

Hey all... in one week, I'll be in recovery. pre op is like a spiritual fast.. but, i do feel really empty and the nerves makes ya want to emo-munch. Won't do that, but I feel that addiction kicking in.

Trying to lose as much as possible before surgery.. did anyone else do that? does it make a big difference in personal results?

Please, send good vibes.. I'm glad I found this group.. lot's of wisdom here. Help me thru this week! Surgery on Tuesday April 24.
  2. its been a while....

Its been a while since y last post but felt the need to share today!!! Exciting news!!! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30741475_10215482730237115_7145945069298647040_n.jpg 
Views:	740 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	27583Was shocked this morning to finally be under 200 lbs. I haven’t seen 199 since probably 8th or 9th grade. Down 90 Lbs today! I’ve gone from a size XXL- M/L and 42 waist to 32! In the pic on the right I was able to fit both my legs in one side of my old 42 waist pants. I feel great!!!

Surgery: November 1st, 2017
    SW: 289
    CW: 199
  3. Just beginning...Went to my first seminar and met with my surgeon.

Quote Originally Posted by f1825314 View Post
    I am so excited to start this journey. I am a little scared. 6 months seems like a long time away and I don't know how things will change once the surgery is complete! How will I feel? How will others see me? So many questions...I guess I will have to wait and see...
  4. why I'm getting VGS

When I made up my mind to change it was for my 35th birthday June 9th 2017. I was so lost in the darkness that was my mind. The self doubt and and self loathing consumed me. I got the advice of a very good friend a couple of months later "You've gone on this path before for years, trying to do it by yourself and it doesn't work. Why don't you just go to the seminar to see what it's about what can it hurt.". Which led me to a seminar with the Lovelace Bariatric program. That was the day ...
  5. 6 months

Hi all-
    Today is my 6 month mark. 60 lbs and 42” gone. Goal is 7-17 lbs away. No one gave me a goal. I’m 5’3 and 147 now. Anyone with stats like this? What’s ur goal? I’m a larger boned 57 yr old. Love to hear where u r at.