Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ozzi69

1. This is why we do it.

Hi everyone!
    Boy, what a year!
    I know many, going through contemplations and preperation for this surgery, are uncertained and worried. Don't. Worry instead of what might happen if you DON'T do it. And what you'll be missing out on.
    Except for the obvious health and well-being positive changes, achievments alone are a good reason to have that procedure, as they make you feel reborn and able to do anything you like.
    Sometimes it is hard for me to beleive that I, who ...
  2. Good to be back.

Hi everyone! Hope you all are doing well.
    It has been a chaotic and interesting month. Few things I have noticed:

Paris is beautiful this time of the year.

A skinny chef is being looked upon with somewhat mistrust by colleagues.

Burned figs Gateau doesn't taste the same anymore. It's ok, since it's about a hundred calories a mouthfull.

Traveling is no longer all about work,food and sleep. There are also new places to jog, although ...
  3. Marathon Man? me?

I recall an evening last year, finishing a twelve hour work day on my feet, calling a friend, saying: "can't walk or stand, can you help me get to my car?" That's how swollen and sore I used to be.
    Now,as part of this life changing experience, I will run a marathon.
    The Melbourne Run, on the 21st of July, will be my final knock out blow for obesity, never to come back and grab me again. I will not win, and might finish when it's dark and everyone has gone home, but I intend ...
  4. can't believe I'm saying this.....

I've made it. I've reached my weight goal. Now, how do you stop it ? I know it's sounds funny coming from someone used to battle weight gain AND on a sleevers forum, and I know many are stalling or just not loosing as much as they thought, (been through this post-op myself ), but the scales keep pointing downwards almost on a daily basis. I know I'm lucky to do it four months only after surgery, but just wanted to know if anyone has experienced that before and if it has stabilized by itself or should ...