Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

time_to_shine

1. My First NSV - 3 week update

Here I am, 3 weeks out tomorrow and I just made an appointment with my PCP to get OFF of my blood pressure meds!

When I started Lopressor last year, it was running about 180/100. It came down to a more normal range with taking 1 pill a day, but after surgery I cut back to half a pill each day. My bp has been on the low side consistently for a couple weeks now, so I think it's time to gradually get off my meds!

I'm so excited to have reached this first goal so quickly ...
  2. So Far...

Here I am - 6 days post-op. I must say, although the couple days spent in the hospital were pretty rough, the recovery has been much smoother than I expected. I've actually felt really good today and have been up doing some light cleaning and straightening up around the house.

The most disappointing part so far is my weight GAIN while I was in the hospital. I've heard others report this, but I thought surely it wouldnt happen to me. Well guess what - I was in the hospital 2 nights ...
  3. I Made It!

When I woke up in the recovery room, I didn't even kbow they'd already finished the surgery- I thought I was still in the OR!

I did have quite a bit of pain at first, but it's definitely getting better. I mūst say the pain meds and anti nausea medicines have been lifesavers.

I've been up walking 3 times, moving faster and going longer each time fgwtting out of bed and back in us the hardest part). The nurse says I'm doing great :-).

So far, so good!
  4. It's here!

Tomorrow is my surgery! I've been looking forward to this day since September, but now that it's here I've got such mixed emotions! I'm so very excited to start my new, healthy life (and to go shopping, oh how I've missed shopping for clothes!). But I'm also so very nervous for what the next 2 weeks will hold - I pray I'm one of the fortunate ones that has a simple, pain free (?) recovery!

Keep me in your prayers!!