Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Great News

So today I finally received all the approvals from BCBS and have a surgery date scheduled. I have a pre appointment on June 2nd the surgery on June 15th. I am sure I am going through many of the same emotions others have had on the day they get their schedule. Excited, happy, apprehensive, scared, did I say EXCITED and HAPPY? I have been working for 2 years to make this decision. I am looking forward to my sleeve helping me make the right decisions for a healthy life. I look forward to sharing ...
  2. One-Year Sleeversary notes and thoughts

Recovery Time:

Post surgery I recuperated very quickly, too quickly, I felt great and energetic. I started walking immediately, taking 5-10 minutes walks every hour I was awake the first three days, and gradually increasing until I was walking 30-45 minutes straight. I started low-impact cardiovascular exercise after my one-week post-op check-up. While walking is highly recommended immediately post-op (mainly to avoid blood clots and to assist the CO2 left over from surgery), there ...
  3. 19 Days left...

*eeeeek* Its almost time for surgery. Its so weird to think it was 2 months ago already then I started my journey of researching a place to actually have my surgery to actually paying the deposit to now only 18 days left until the day. I am super excited.

Also, because no one knows me in real life on here.. I am happy to say: I smoked cigarettes since I was a kid. I am 33 now. This surgery has already helped me to a healthier life. My Doctor said I had to quit smoking at least ...
  4. Bariatric Surgery in India

Bariatric surgery (weight loss surgery) includes a variety of procedures performed on people who have obesity. Weight loss is achieved by reducing the size of the stomach with a gastric band or through removal of a portion of the stomach (sleeve gastrectomy or biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch) or by resecting and re-routing the small intestine to a small stomach pouch (gastric bypass surgery).

Long-term studies show the procedures cause significant long-term loss of ...