Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

dennek

1. Only 3 Days Until Surgery and Getting Scared...

I'm having so many doubts. Will my business be okay, can my hubby deal with things at home and most importantly will this work for me? I don't want this surgery to be just another weight loss failure. More $$$$$$$$$$ down the tubes. All my research says it will work and so do most of you. I guess it's just pre-surgery jitters, right?
  2. Just Got Back From Seeing New Granddaughter..

She's beautiful (of course I could be a little biased). Unfourtunatly I ate like a pig while I was there.. Family, food and celebrations seem to go together don't they? Imagine my surprize when I got home and jumped on the scale to find that I had LOST 2 pounds!!!!! I started thinking about the stuff I ate and lo and behold I really ate mostly healthy things. Wow, I made some pretty good choice after all. And I did it without thinking about it. This is the first time I have really seen ...
  3. Website for Help with Insurance Denials

I've been reading a book by Barbara Thompson called
    "Weight Loss Surgery, Finding hte Thin Person Hiding Inside You".
    Good book for info even if written in 2009. The best part of this book is the chapter on insurance. She explains about denials and how to fight them. There is also a website www.obesitylaw.com, I checked and this site is active. The lawyer has had WLS himself andknows the ins & outs of the insurance system.
    I hope this info helps if you have problems ...
  4. Pitty Party

So today was the day. The day where I throw myself on the floor, kick my feet and scream "WHY ME?" Why can't I be like my husband who survives on potatoes, corn, beef, chips and candy. He's 5' 10" tall and weighs 140 lbs. Hoe come when I eat that I put on 90 lbs?

Every little bite of food in my house is calling to me today. I've tried to soooooo hard to stay on the program my doc gave me. Protein, protein and more protein. Few carbs, little fat and more protein. ...