Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Graciegurl

Be The Change

Rate this Entry
I love this quote by, don Miguel Ruiz: "If you can learn to change your own reactions, then you can change your habits and routines, change the program, and change your life."

Isn't this what we are doing??? We are changing our relationship with food!

I have always been an emotional eater. I eat when I'm board, I eat when I'm stressed, I eat when I'm sad, happy or I eat just because I saw a food commercial while watching TV! How many of you can relate? I know that I am not alone!

Food addiction is an addiction, however, I am learning to change my reactions of cause and effect (emotions = eating). Food can no longer be the, go to, first line of defense! I have to consciously look at the cause of my desire to eat. I must ask myself, "Instead of replacing food with this feeling I am having, just what is this feeling I am having and what can I do to bring resolve to this feeling instead of eating? Can I go for a walk, count to 20, take a nap, reach out to a friend or loved one, drink some fluids, write my thoughts down and acknowledge them?

We can change old the old programing by starting new habits and getting into a new routine of how we deal with ourselves. Our VGS is just one tool in our box of changes and by adding new tools to our box we can change and succeed in being the change we want to be in our lives!

We are no longer going to nurture our emotions with food! What changes are you making with your relationship with food and emotions?

http://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/g...ges%3A%29.html

Be well and be happy!

Submit "Be The Change" to Digg Submit "Be The Change" to del.icio.us Submit "Be The Change" to StumbleUpon Submit "Be The Change" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

So very true! And we CAN do this. My Grandmother always said: "Nothing worth having in life is ever easy."
    Amen!