Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

nrsmidwife

1. 2 1/2 years post surgery

Wow... I haven't been on here for awhile. I cannot believe it's been 2 1/2 years since my surgery. Time flies. I can honestly say I am doing well... I feel really good, have maintained my weight anywhere from 134 to 139lbs... a 5lb weight fluctuation is normal and healthy and I understand that. I have found that the lovely "time of the month" really effects my hunger and eating. And that makes sense with hormonal variations. I tend to eat the same things everyday.. and that is actually ...
  2. Day 11 preop diet

Wow.... I seriously cannot believe I am done with 11 days already. Probably because we bought a house this past week and spent the majority of time packing, moving, unpacking, etc.. This definitely distracted me and kept my mind busy. I've been living off of protein drinks, broth, SF jello, non-starchy veggies, and calorie free drinks.

I had my preop testing on Friday which consisted of blood work, chest x-ray, and an EKG. I've dropped 9 pounds in these 11 days, which is great, ...
  3. Day 5 Preop Diet

I really wanted to blog every single day so that in months and years to come I could look back and see how far I've come. Well.... that's seeming hard to do these days! I do have an excuse though... packing a house and moving in 2 days! At first I was worried that my surgery would be too close to our moving date, but I am seriously very happy about it now. I am so busy with packing and the move (only 1 mile away), that I don't have much time to think about this dreaded 2 week preop diet. If ...
  4. Day 2 complete.. slight headache

Well day 2 was actually a little harder than day 1. No idea why.. I ate almost exactly the same thing except I had spinach instead of broccoli and also munched on some cucumbers. I can totally see how these protein shakes get really old really fast. On a positive note, i lost 2.8 pounds this morning! I'm wondering if the sweetness of the sugar free jello sends my body into a tizzy looking for "sugar". I feel like after I had one jello cup I was hungrier and unsettled. Maybe I should ...
  5. Day 1 complete... uggg headache

I can honestly say I am not hungry tonight, which is quite a shock considering I don't think I was able to get to 800 calories. For me, my doc wants 800 to 1000 calories and 75 to 80g of protein for this 14 day preop diet. I can have protein drinks (low carb, low fat), broth, sugar free jello, non-starchy veggies, sugar free drinks... and that's about it. Here's my day:

B- Pure Protein chocolate shake (mixed with water)
    L- Muscle Milk 100 calorie shake in Vanilla
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast