Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Not what I expected. . .first post-op visit with surgeon

So today was my first visit with my surgeon since my operation. I am down eight pounds. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. My husband helped to put things in perspective by saying that I've basically lost a pound a day. In total, I've lost 25 pounds, most of it coming from my pre-op op diet that I started back in March/April. My next appointment is with the nutritionist in a month.

I've also been cleared to beging soft food but I'm still a little nervous. I'm going to ...
  2. Merry Christmas Nikki (My Sleeve's Name)

Today I wanted to wish a very Merry Christmas to Nikki. Nikki is my sleeve's name. She has made all the difference in my life. Last year during the holiday season I gained my usual 20 pounds. On Christmas morning I felt fat and sad trying to pick out a cute outfit that was comfortable. This year I'm nearly 40 pounds lighter and am excited about all that life has to offer. I'm two months post op and although I've had a few moments of mourning food, I feel so good. I feel alive. A friend who ...
  3. Post-op!

Well I'm now sleeved! I had my surgery on November 19th. I can't say anything better about my surgeon...he's amazing! The nurses were incredible too.

I did have a bit of an issue with the pain at first, but got that under control very quickly. I had zero pain when I had my lapband inserted so this was new to me.

I'm now at home and am being very careful of taking tiny sips of fluid and keeping it down. I want this revision to work for me. I worked the band ...
  4. 2 days post-op and feeling okay.

Hi Everyone,
    I got my surgery on Monday, October 6 and am home from the hospital today. You know how when were waiting for our sugary dates to arrive? Well this experience went in the exact opposite direction - I can't believe today is Wednesday and I'm home and I just had surgery on Monday. It went by in a blink.

In pre-op I was definately anxious and my husband kept asking me if i wanted to make a run for it. Honestly, I thought about it but eventually got it done as planned. ...
  5. First post-op

Just got back from my first post-op. My doctor said everything looks great so I am really excited to be on a good path. Also, to have found this website!! So helpful you guys are all awesome!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast