Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MomMaestra

1. The 40-day Wisdom I have gained

At 40 days I have finally made peace with my tummy. Stomach just seems like too big of word for the size of the poor tyke right now. But I digress. For those of you who are staring in the face of this surgery or are in the first week or so post op.... take heart.

The doctor gives you guidelines for your diet. Follow them. Your tummy needs time to heal and if you keep throwing things at it that it can't handle yet, you will pay...in pain. Eat slow... that means not only chewing ...
  2. I have safely landed and so have they.

I have safely landed in Onederland! For four days I have been under the big 200! And my jeans have safely landed in the "too big pile"! Keep on keeping on!
  3. I've been called a Trooper, but never a whiner...

Well, I think I need some direction or maybe just need to return to shakes for my mainstay for protein.

I am 4 weeks out and I know I can only eat about 2 oz of anything. I'm fine with that. My surgeon said he made me a tight little pouch... the man doesn't lie!

However, since I know that, I measure everything to 2 oz. I don't usually reach that "too full" pain on my left side (I have but not often) but do have an aching pain (reminiscent of gall bladder ...
  4. It's NOT about the Weight: It's about the Percentages

I can't take credit for this post: I found it on another site... but it makes much more sense: Compare apples to apples instead of apples to oranges...read on.

It's not POUNDS, it's PERCENTAGES!
    by Carolyn M.

Two people, both 6 months post-op. One has lost only 63 pounds and feels bad about her "slow" weight loss. The other has lost 96 pounds and thinks she's doing great.

They are both wrong.

Person A had only 105 excess ...
  5. Well! I finally did it!

I fixed fish tonight. I'm 3.5 weeks out... it's legal. I put Kickin' Chicken spice on it and pan fried it (a little olive oil, no breading). It was SO unbelievably awesome!! To my horror, I was 3/4 of my way through it when I realized I was hardly even chewing!!! Well! That was 4 hours ago and it's still sitting in there although my tummy is starting to growl. It must be working hard! I just now steeped some Camomile Tea. I was supposed to have a protein shake because I didn't hit my protein ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast