Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 4 days and counting with a COLD

Aaarrgggh. Two kids sneezed on me on Thursday. Friday morning I awoke to an earache and post nasal drip. Been sucking down water with lemon, Zicam, Claritin and Flonase. Praying it doesn't get in way of surgery on Wednesday.
  2. Almost 6 months and determined to reach my goal

Everyone tells you to enjoy the "honeymoon phase", the 3 or 4 months after surgery because that is when you will lose most of your weight. Well, I can testify that, at least from me, they were absolutely correct.

I am currently sitting at 165 lbs, a total of 77 lbs lost for me. I can't be disappointed in that because it feels WONDERFUL to be at this weight. I feel better than I have in a very long time. I finally went shopping for some nice clothes and I can't begin to ...
  3. Low Carb Pre-op Diet day 15

TMI but luckily the first week and a half of the diet, I was on my monthly lady issue and my cravings were not the worst. I am on birth control and have not had a cycle in months, so when it came back, IT WAS HORRIBLE. It put me off food a bit and the only pain I could focus on was my cramps.

More to the real point of this post:

I always knew I loved carbs, but I did not know it was a full blown addiction. I used to say, that nothing satisfies me like carbohydrates. ...
  4. Greatings from Colorado! NSVs all around!

Greetings!

Hey gang!

I am in Denver this week with the new job. Still getting my feet wet. I.m on week 2. As I mentioned I have racked up several NSVs during the trip.

I flew coach! No one hit me with their luggage going down the aisle.

I have been walking everywhere.

In the past, people used to describe me based upon my size or width. Now, I am referred to as the guy who dresses real nice. Or the guy with a positive attitude. ...
  5. Day 2 of Pre-Op

Day 2-of pre-op, hope I don't get on anyone's' nerves, just yet, lol. I have eaten a lot of jello, some broth, protein drink, still not sure, if I should have a shake, not sure what I can put it in, mmmm....
    I did have a can of chicken-no seasonings, NADA-but I threw it in some broth, idk if that's ok, but I did it. umm...drank some cranberry/apple juice watered down a bit, even though its sugar free, and some decaf coffee-non-fat milk-which is just extra sl/colored water, lol and splenda ...