Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kaygee

Day 13 of pre-op.

Rate this Entry
Today is day 13 of my pre-op and I'll be happy when this is over. over. I guess I've had it easier than some. My pre-op diet was supposed to consist of 3 meal replacements of either protein shakes or bars and one real food meal. I tried to stick to the plan. But I found by day 3 that I couldn't get all the protein in. I'm lucky if I can get in one protein bar during the day. They make meal feel full and crampy. And I haven't wanted to eat again until dinner. I haven't been hungry since day 3. I know I might regret not having met my protein goals. I know my hair might fall out. I've accepted all that.

I'm still nervous and equally excited. I'm not turning back at this point but I still am having last minute jitters. In less than 48 hours I will be having my surgery.

Submit "Day 13 of pre-op." to Digg Submit "Day 13 of pre-op." to del.icio.us Submit "Day 13 of pre-op." to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 13 of pre-op." to Google

Comments

You are going to do great! I can't wait to read you post when you are on the otherside!
    WOHOOO, see you on the sleeved side. you will do great..... Just in your mind think of some goals you want to do while you are in this wonderful like changing process.
    You'll do great. Focus on you goals. Good luck.
    Hi Kaygee. Protein is my biggest issue. If I go over a certain gram, my stomach gets uncomfortably full and my stomach has a hard time breaking down the protein. When I was on HCG diet I looked forward to the protein and didn't have a hard time, but when I resumed regular diet, it was hard to make it a protein rich diet for the hair

I think once you get surgery your body will crave the protein since your calorie intake will be lower. Good luck on surgery day
    I have 10 days to go. Such a range of emotions. Jeesh
    I'm 12 days away, on day 3 of the pre-op . . . focus - focus - focus on the good that will come of this.
    I am with you. Here it is Saturday 3pm. I have Surgery Monday 10am. We are going to do this. Good luck to you my sleever buddy friend.
    Hang in there and best of luck!
    You are doing great ... I had a one day preparation and that was enough for me
    I start mine on Thursday! Protein drinks, SF pop cycles, chicken broth, the power aide and sugar free water enhancers seems about it for 13 days. Maybe it's good that it's just liquid so I maybe I won't have the "feel full \ sick issue"? I'm hoping what everyone says is right that after the 4th or 5th day you feel better. ugh, I can do this, you can do this!! You are almost there Barbie Girl!