Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Queen_D

PCP Worries...

Rate this Entry
I had my first visit with my PCP (primary care provider) today. He acted like just a BMI of 47-48 isn't enough for him to sign my required release. I'm so worried. He filled out the paperwork for my first months visit, and the recommendation paper but he left the little box blank that asks if I am a good candidate for the surgery. I didnt think to check before I left and only saw it once I was home. I'm scared this won't work out! I had just started seeing this doctor recently since I hadn't been seen since right after my last child was born.

~~~My timeline~~~

August 9, 2016: Submitted online application to King's Daughters Medical Center Surgical Weight Loss Program through Medicaid (Ky WellCare) with BMI 47 and no comorbidities

August 10, 2016: Received call for insurance approval and scheduled first appointment

August 31, 2016: First appointment with nurse and dietitian (3 months supervised diet required)

September 7, 2016: First of 3 visits with PCP

September 28, 2016: initial visit with surgeon and 2nd visit with dietitian

Submit "PCP Worries..." to Digg Submit "PCP Worries..." to del.icio.us Submit "PCP Worries..." to StumbleUpon Submit "PCP Worries..." to Google

Tags: pcp, worried Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Looks like you are on your way. good luck with the beginning of the new you and I hope you have a smooth journey