Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. ok... so I'm still in the 'what have I done' phase;)...

Hi all!
    If you're reading this, then you probably know that I chose to have the full bypass as opposed to the sleeve. However, I befriended quite a few brave and kind people before I made this choice and really like it here on gastric sleeve.com

This being said, I had
  2. taste testers

To all the cooks out there, I discovered this while I was making my spagetti sauce the other day, cause you know in order to make sure it taste right you must try it, so how do you get around this after surgery??, I thinking a lil taste as long as there is no chunky stuff in there would be ok, Heaven forbid I don't cook for 3 months. Just a thought yall.
  3. 3rd day of my pre-op

well, it was a hard battle...and still have few more days left...i cheated on my first day... i was on liquid diet till my surgery on the 8th...but i ate 2 whole bananas because i felt really weak and i was about to collapse, but my boyfriend was there to help me with everything on the 2nd day ( i guess the reason he didn't know the start of my pre-op diet coz i didn't tell him...i don't want him to worry), him, his kids and our friends went swimming last night. we used to order lotsa lotsa foods ...
  4. I weigh less than something!!!

I know this is stupid, but I wanted to share and see if anyone else has had this experience. Every time I was on a tour of something and they would say something weighed 300lbs, in the back of my mind I would be disgusted with myself, because I weighed more than said item. Today, I was at the Natural History museum in Pittsburgh at the dinosaur exhibit. Our guide was talking about a brontosaurus leg bone, and said it weighs 300lbs. I did a happy dance in my mind, because I weighed less than this ...
  5. My lap sleeve

I started the journey for weight loss surgery a little over 3 years ago. I have family members that have had the bypass and the lap band. I was looking into the having the band done and had all my research done for it. My husband and I were looking into doing it self pay but we found out on 1/1/11 his medical insurance was changed and the new company would pay for the surgery so I went to another informational meeting and the surgeon there was talking about the vertical sleeve so I made an appointment ...