Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 11 Hrs ..... then I will enter the sleeved side of life

I am having my surgery about 4hrs from home, so here I sit in my Hotel room, tummy grumbling from the clear liquid diet for the past two days. The up side is I am here with my two daughters and latest grand baby. We will be here until Monday when I get the ok to travel home at my post op. Raging with emotions, fear and even scared of what I am losing (not pounds) but my companion. Food had been a crutch, I have alot of growing and learning to do. On the flip side, I am excited to feel more mobile, ...
  2. First Post-Op Visit

I just had my first Post-Op visit today. Everything looks good but they do want me to come back for a leak test. I've been having a pain in my lower left back and my Dr. wants to make user there isn't a leak. The pain has died down but I like that he is playing it on the safe side.

One good thing is that I did get the go ahead to start eating soft foods. I had some turkey meatloaf today and it stayed down and I'm feeling ok. Hmmm... what to try next...
  3. Not happy

I cant believe that my insurance company is going to approve this and the hospital is saying NO due to the cost of the blood products...the insurance company states they cannot do that so the fight is on with the chief finance officer of the hospital....anyway it will not be done on the 20th as planned....figured I would pick a doctor that works at a profit hospital .....
  4. 2 weeks to go!

Hi all!

I have not posted much but have been reading your questions and advice EVERY day! My surgery is in 2 weeks on 8/22 with Dr. Kelly. I originally chose a different doctor but finally decided on Dr. Kelly after more research. He has already called me and we talked for quite awhile. He answered all of my questions and has put me at ease!

I have chosen to do a two week liquid diet and am hoping that I (and my liver!) will be in the best shape possible for surgery. ...
  5. getting ready

no surgery date yet starting workshops sept 11 trying to get my kitchen ready for this journey my surgeon is awesome,but the nutritionist..well "suck" they read from a piece of paper what im suppose to do and not to do . need feed back from from anyone with any ideas the nutritionists where i work has been helpful but i want info from those who are going thru or have gone thru this thanks...