Dr. Profeta
    Last Activity
    10-06-2014 09:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 54 Times
    Was Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 55 Times
    Blog Entries

Default 7 Weeks Post Op - I'm messing up big time

Since surgery I have actually lost 22 lbs. If I include weight loss from pre op diet then the total is 33 lbs. Now, with that being said, I believe I am ruining everything. I find that although I have this wonderful tool, I still have the same habits creeping up on me. Granted I don't eat the same ridiculous amount of food at each sitting but I pick. I was doing ok watching what I ate but i can eat almost anything I want. Today I had a slice of pizza. How am I able to eat that at 7 weeks out? I have been keeping track of everything I eat. The most calories I have consumed in a day is a little over 1000. I mostly stay between 800-900. I just keep thinking to myself I am failure. All my life trying to lose and be healthy, yet still failing. The hardest but the best decision I made was getting sleeved and now it looks like I'm going to fail at that too because of my terrible habits. I know I'm whining, but I had to vent.

There is no stopping me now!

2. Said thanks:

avi

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Karon4004's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Karon
    Surgery date
    12/06/2011
    Surgeon
    Mr Rahman
    Last Activity
    03-25-2013 07:03 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 54 Times in 46 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 26 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 7 Weeks Post Op - I'm messing up big time

Dont beat yourself up. If you can stick to 1000 calories a day at least you're still eating enough to lose weight. You've lost 22lb in 7 weeks, which is a great weight loss. I'v been eating 500-600 calories a day and have stalled for over a week. Maybe i need to up my calorie intake as i'm getting so disheartened. If it werent for the sleeve i'd have been pigging out by now. Thats not an option now as i literally cant do it with the sleeve, so i just have to hang in there and hope that one day the scales start to go down again. If i could lose 22lb in 7 weeks i'd be over the moon. Keep up the good work

Name
    Santy
    Surgeon
    John Baxter
    Last Activity
    06-14-2017 01:06 PM
    Said "Thanks" 76 Times
    Was Thanked 82 Times in 79 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 129 Times
    Blog Entries

Please don't despair Mercel I am sure you are not alone with this problem in fact the temptation is there for us all, I have licked a crisp and i am only two and a half weeks out!
    As Karon says your loss so far is great and keeping to 1000 calories will ensure weight loss. Perhaps with some extra walking etc the loss will speed up?
    I have convinced myself that because of the very little amount of food that I can now eat I really have to concentrate on getting as much "good food" in as possible, I have done a very low calorie diet in the past and lost weight but upsettingly lost my hair as well so I am paying attention to my diet and planning my meals. I am not a saint or I would not be in this position but I am trying not to lose my halo is possible!
    Keep trucking we have been given an amazing opportunity here and I am sure given the support of others on this great site we will succeed. xx

Name
    Santy
    Surgeon
    John Baxter
    Last Activity
    06-14-2017 01:06 PM
    Said "Thanks" 76 Times
    Was Thanked 82 Times in 79 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 129 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi Karon! Well we both survived the surgery thats a good start eh?!!!!!! How are you feeling? I hated the first week and wondered what the hell I had let myself infor but kept positive and after paying so much was not going down the negative road!!! I know I have lost weight by my cloths and will weigh on Jan 4th with my doc. so will post my loss them looking forward to the First Christmas with my sleeve knowing I am not going to let this one day spoil the rest of this year! Your loss is great keep up the good work. xx

Gastric Sleeve Member Karon4004's Avatar
    Name
    Karon
    Surgery date
    12/06/2011
    Surgeon
    Mr Rahman
    Last Activity
    03-25-2013 07:03 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 54 Times in 46 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 26 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi santy. Seems we both had the same thoughts week one, but I'm really glad I made the decision and had the sleeve. Iv stalled where weight loss us concerned, but im getting slimmer and hope the scales show another loss soon. My Xmas dinner will be puréed and I'm hoping it's going to be just as nice. Glad all is going well for you and good luck with your weigh in.

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member BigChicken's Avatar
    Surgery date
    01/10/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Terry Pinson
    Last Activity
    12-25-2012 07:48 AM
    Said "Thanks" 37 Times
    Was Thanked 80 Times in 67 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 199 Times
    Blog Entries

I know you are working hard with your new sleeve but just keep your eye on the prize. We are all going to go thru this and coming on here and talking with us is going to put you back on track. I am going to try to just not be put in the situation where I am going to be tempted. I know things are going to come up like friends eating pizza and foods that will not be the right chose but keep rowing the boat to a healthier you. We all love you and we are behind you.
    Mississippi Hugs and keep on rowing, just keep rowing and the boat will not sink.
    We are all in this boat together, If we do not row it will sink! So, We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well, and live. From the movie Ben Hur.

Name
    Lea
    Surgery date
    01/21/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Attiles
    Last Activity
    01-13-2014 08:33 AM
    Said "Thanks" 76 Times
    Was Thanked 170 Times in 160 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 17 Times
    Blog Entries

These stalls worry me...as I am pre op ...and wonder should I get the gastric bypass which seems so drastic!!! but I keep reading about these stalls and what they mean...your body realizing it is not getting the fuel it is used to....hunkering down...then figuring out how to burn fat instead....dont despair...I am sure all in stalls will realize weightloss soon....

Gastric Sleeve Member Evie Sleevie's Avatar
    Name
    Eve
    Surgery date
    11/02/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ramos-Kelly
    Last Activity
    07-01-2014 03:03 PM
    Said "Thanks" 163 Times
    Was Thanked 152 Times in 138 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 196 Times

Mercel, my sleeve buddy. Don't beat yourself up! I have had at least 3 holiday parties where I have indulged in different foods that are no-no's, but the serving on my plate was tiny. How much pizza could you have eaten before the surgery? A lot, I bet, if you are like me! You are NOT a failure. I'm plateau-ing with me weight loss, too. And like you, I barely eat 800-900 calories a day. This tool is still saving our lives. You will get back on track with the weight loss soon.

Vent away anytime you want!! xoxoxox

12. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    11/21/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Bayron FMC
    Last Activity
    02-07-2012 10:03 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Dont beat yourself up. I am in the same position and 1 slice of pizza is not that terrible. Focus on exercising and getting in the right amount of protein and water and be mindful of what you eat but beating yourself up will not help.

Name
    Tiffany
    Surgery date
    10/25/2011
    Surgeon
    St. Laurent
    Last Activity
    02-06-2015 10:52 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 28 Times in 23 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Mercel, I am so glad I am not the only one! I don't want to do a huge drastic diet. I also don't want to exercise. I am having a hard time curbing the cravings. I eat no-no's every day almost, just in tiny amounts -- but I also eat alot of healthy protein. I have had several stalls since my 10/25 surgery (8 weeks)- some VERY long ones going on 2 weeks with no wieghtloss... UGH!!! I worry i am messing up big time too ---- But the scale doesnt lie. Since surgery I have lost 25 lbs, since the 1 week preop diet I've lost 31. I put my scale away in a closet shelf so I can get it, but not easily, and it has helped. I am only wieghing once a week now, and I see about 2 lbs down each week so I know I am loosing. Before when I weighed every day or even 2-3 times a day, I would see the scale go up n down and stay the same for days on end and it drove me nuts (made me want to eat in frustration!) - now I need to break the urge to eat when bored or sitting at the pc....
    I am also learning to not beat myself up about what I eat. I have realized that even though I still eat some junk food, it is nothing like waht I used to eat, I cant eat much - and I am still loosing in spite of it. Now if I stop loosing, or start gaining, I will know it is time to really work on cutting out the junk food. I am sire that time will come and I hope the limitation I have now will make it an easier transition. But keep in mind, even the healthy perfect weight people do eat a piece of chocolate, or pie, or even pizza - on rare occasion - and not too much - like I am now
    I have had pizza twice since surgery. Of a regular crust pepperoni pizza I can eat the smallest slice, up to the crust -but not including the crust. And that is all I can eat, an that is great!
    I have recently had a nearly 2 week stall and finally lost 3 lbs, and before that it was a 3 week stall and at the end of it I suddenly lost 5 lbs in a day. Both times I can feel my waist getting smaller so I know I am loosing inches and though I do not personally feel like I've lost much weight people say they can tell in my face alot.

15. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    02/10/2011
    Last Activity
    04-22-2012 03:27 AM
    Said "Thanks" 29 Times
    Was Thanked 338 Times in 168 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 90 Times

As others have said "don't beat yourself up". I think you have a dose of your "fat brain" talking, which says you aren't good enough to deserve to lose weight, that you are going to fail. It is getting worried, because you are losing weight, that it is trying all the old tricks in the book to convince you to come off your diet. It doesn't want to get skinny. It will get easier though, trust me. I am almost 11 months out now and my "fat brain" is in remission. I haven't heard from it in a long time, but I suspect it is still there, although it might have given up. I have stopped worrying the weight is just lurking around the corner. It took me about 3 months of being just a pound away from my target weight and I thought that maybe I would never reach it and would go back the other way and then finally "bam!" I hit it and it was a watershed moment. I was officially "not losing weight" anymore and then my "fat brain" I think finally gave up.

So hang in there, keep moving forward, enjoy the weight you have lost and the weight you are going to lose, and hopefully start enjoying the rest of your life sooner than later!!!!

Surgery date
    02/10/2011
    Last Activity
    04-22-2012 03:27 AM
    Said "Thanks" 29 Times
    Was Thanked 338 Times in 168 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 90 Times

As others have said "don't beat yourself up". I think you have a dose of your "fat brain" talking, which says you aren't good enough to deserve to lose weight, that you are going to fail. It is getting worried, because you are losing weight, that it is trying all the old tricks in the book to convince you to come off your diet. It doesn't want to get skinny. It will get easier though, trust me. I am almost 11 months out now and my "fat brain" is in remission. I haven't heard from it in a long time, but I suspect it is still there, although it might have given up. I have stopped worrying the weight is just lurking around the corner. It took me about 3 months of being just a pound away from my target weight and I thought that maybe I would never reach it and would go back the other way and then finally "bam!" I hit it and it was a watershed moment. I was officially "not losing weight" anymore and then my "fat brain" I think finally gave up.

So hang in there, keep moving forward, enjoy the weight you have lost and the weight you are going to lose, and hopefully start enjoying the rest of your life sooner than later!!!!

Surgeon
    Dr. Profeta
    Last Activity
    10-06-2014 09:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 54 Times
    Was Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 55 Times
    Blog Entries

@ tcady. Thank you. I realize I do beat myself up a lot and that stresses me out and then it makes the eating choices worse.

There is no stopping me now!

Name
    Frances
    Surgery date
    07/16/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Suh
    Last Activity
    02-01-2012 07:24 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times
    Blog Entries

My husand had gastric bypass and he stalls also. So it is not just with the sleeve. It is the kind and amount of food you eat or don't eat, exercise, fluid intake, etc. that makes the difference. Expect the stalls and don't get discouraged when they happen. It happens to everyone no matter which surgery you have.
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Surgery date
    08/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Ramos kelly
    Last Activity
    11-06-2013 01:02 PM
    Said "Thanks" 189 Times
    Was Thanked 169 Times in 154 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 93 Times
    Blog Entries

ladies I too have had my share. I woke up this am and weighed myself, I gained 2 lbs! the last 2 wks have been hard, holidays, home from work, lack of movement. etc. I hate that I did this to myself, I went to a size 10 pants 2 wks ago, now they are snug! I got to get motivated again. thanks for all the posts, they are reasuring to all of us out here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast