Dr. Tom Umbach
    Last Activity
    05-09-2018 12:53 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4,924 Times

Default Planning for December 2015

Hello everyone,
    I am planning on having the gastric sleeve. Unfortunately, my insurance doesn't cover it so thank goodness for retirement account. I have looked at a couple of places in Las Vegas, I have my mom there to take care of me, but Dr. Umbach's office responded right away so I am researching others who have used his services.
    I am 46 and 285 pounds. Very nervous about side effects and the fact that this is a permanent decision. No going back if there are issues. Hoping other out there that have gone to him can give me some insight.
    I am planning on going to Vegas in Dec and having surgery arount the 8th. Haven't scheduled yet.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member michael95472's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    07/07/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    10-12-2019 08:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 15 Times
    Was Thanked 63 Times in 47 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 35 Times

Default Re: Planning for December 2015

I live in Las Vegas too. I had surgery in Tijuana MX. Can I ask you how much They charge in Las Vegas . My wife is possibly wanting to get sleeved, but not in Mexico. Private message me if you like. Thanks michael.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    10/02/2015
    Surgeon
    umbach
    Last Activity
    01-28-2016 02:19 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi ��
    My sister and I just returned home from having surgery done by Dr Umbach on Friday. It went really well. They are nice, he knows what he's doing and there are some good supplements to buy in the office too(the nectar brand chocolate shake is yummy) The recovery process is ok so far. Lots of gas and bloating though. One thing we were not prepared for when we went was that if you are self pay, you MUST pay in cash. We had to scramble all over Vegas looking for a bank to get the full amount in cash. It was a little crazy. Good luck. Still can't believe we did it!! I'm down 6 lbs since Friday, my sister is down 8!!

Banned
    Name
    Melanie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2012
    Surgeon
    Last Activity
    10-17-2016 08:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 195 Times
    Was Thanked 375 Times in 289 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stephieinak View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I am planning on having the gastric sleeve. Unfortunately, my insurance doesn't cover it so thank goodness for retirement account. I have looked at a couple of places in Las Vegas, I have my mom there to take care of me, but Dr. Umbach's office responded right away so I am researching others who have used his services.
    I am 46 and 285 pounds. Very nervous about side effects and the fact that this is a permanent decision. No going back if there are issues. Hoping other out there that have gone to him can give me some insight.
    I am planning on going to Vegas in Dec and having surgery arount the 8th. Haven't scheduled yet.
    My old babysitter in Vegas had surgery with Dr. Umbach, she isn't on this site, but I could ask her if it would be ok if you contact her to hear about her experience if you want.