Surgeon
    Dr De La Cruz
    Last Activity
    12-31-2023 02:28 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Cool Weight Gain

I am coming up to 2 years sleeved and have gaine 16 lbs . I am worried that I will but on another 80 lbs as my eating is kind of out of control . There are some positives as I have not had a diet soda or soda in 2 years and I was a guy who would drink 15 to 20 cans a day .

I would love to hear if there have been others in my position and did they get re sleeved or go for a full bypass. I do not want to go back as I had so many health issues including being a type 2 diabetic that went away overnight with the operation.

I still have back issues so exercising is pretty much a non starter,but I can eat a large amount of food again and that is a worry because self control is not my strong point !

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Linda
    Surgery date
    05/31/2010
    Surgeon
    Aceves
    Last Activity
    01-19-2016 10:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 87 Times
    Was Thanked 60 Times in 49 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 18 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Weight Gain

TOUGH LOVE HERE!

STOP IT RIGHT NOW!!

Get back on low carbs (20 or less!). Eat meats, cheese, salad with no topping till you get that 16 off and are back in control. Do not wait till you've gained 50 lbs to start over, do it now!

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthewsiv View Post
    I am coming up to 2 years sleeved and have gaine 16 lbs . I am worried that I will but on another 80 lbs as my eating is kind of out of control . There are some positives as I have not had a diet soda or soda in 2 years and I was a guy who would drink 15 to 20 cans a day .

I would love to hear if there have been others in my position and did they get re sleeved or go for a full bypass. I do not want to go back as I had so many health issues including being a type 2 diabetic that went away overnight with the operation.

I still have back issues so exercising is pretty much a non starter,but I can eat a large amount of food again and that is a worry because self control is not my strong point !

Blog (with pictures): http://mwlj2010.blogspot.com/

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    06/17/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr De La Cruz
    Last Activity
    12-31-2023 02:28 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Thank you for your reply BabyDoll .

It is not tough love , just the plain truth .

Gastric Sleeve Member Love4mykids's Avatar
    Surgery date
    07/01/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr.Caryll
    Last Activity
    02-12-2019 02:21 PM
    Said "Thanks" 127 Times
    Was Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

my doctor wants me to get a bypass because he saids i can regain but im scared i find it too drastic i weight 241lbs and im 5'2

Gastric Sleeve Member Love4mykids's Avatar
    Surgery date
    07/01/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr.Caryll
    Last Activity
    02-12-2019 02:21 PM
    Said "Thanks" 127 Times
    Was Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

Unhappy Re: Weight Gain

@BABYDOLL :Are you almost 5 years out? If you are congratulations! And how are you doing with foods? I am just like matthewsiv i have cero self cntrol with food

7. Said thanks:

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Heather
    Surgery date
    10/14/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr.Selim
    Last Activity
    06-08-2016 01:58 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 272 Times in 222 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 97 Times
    Blog Entries

My 2 years will be coming up in October so I'm just over a year and 1/2 out. Lost 90 ish pounds in about 9 months and maintained easily for 6 months eating pretty much whatever I wanted in small quantities, but still getting my protein first and exercising regularly as before. Then the honeymoon was over. Put on 10 pounds, buckled down and took off 5 pretty quickly. Currently struggling with the next 5, (and I may go for 5 more after that to finally reach my ultimate goal). SO... I think this is NORMAL. At some point, the honeymoon WILL be over and we'll have to WORK at this like everybody else! I'm back at the top of my goal range now, but want to be at the lower end. I still have restriction, but need to re-focus and USE MY TOOL, so I'm gonna have to change my behavior to get there. Added 10 minutes to my cardio, cranked up the intensity a little. Re-added a bit of strength\core back into my workout. Cut back on the carbs, junk and alcohol. Swapped my junky lunch out for as "salad sandwich", (natural lunch meat rolled in a lettuce leaf). DO WHAT YOUR TEAM TAUGHT YOU and you won't need a "re-sleeve". No one said this was gonna be easy, just WORTH IT!

Don't worry about hurting my feelings because I guarantee you not one bit of my self esteem is tied up in your acceptance.