05/12/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Sergio Quinones
    Last Activity
    06-30-2016 06:16 PM
    Said "Thanks" 11 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default Haven't lost not even one pound in over a week!!!!

This is really frustrating me and making me depressed to think I won't get to my goal weight when I hit my one year surgery anniversary. And honestly when I see people lose twice as much and less time gets me so depressed. I've run out on things to eat that can speed up this process...

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Default Re: Haven't lost not even one pound in over a week!!!!

I haven't lost a pound in three months, but I'm thrilled about the 75 pounds I did lose. I'm thrilled that I am a regular sized person. I do know I'll have to kick it up if I ever plan on losing my last 10 pounds. My one year will be October 7th.

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member GorditaDeMiami's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Lorena
    Surgery date
    05/12/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Sergio Quinones
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 11 Times

It's only been 4 months since the surgery and I've already stopped. I'm not a normal size person yet. Still weigh 202lbs at 5'4.

Name
    Susan
    Surgery date
    05/28/2014
    Surgeon
    Brathwaite
    Last Activity
    07-15-2016 12:10 PM
    Said "Thanks" 82 Times
    Was Thanked 121 Times in 89 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 36 Times
    Blog Entries

Gordita - could it be that you're not eating enough? My weight loss slowed down a lot and my doctor told me to get in 1000-1200 calories a day and I would lose quicker. It happened! She said when you're not eating at least 1000 calories a day that your body holds onto the fat. Maybe that's it?
    Weight before 2 week pre-op diet - 260
    Weight on surgery day - 246

Gastric Sleeve Member jessiejess's Avatar
    Name
    Jessie
    Surgery date
    11/13/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mehta
    Last Activity
    03-25-2020 07:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 560 Times
    Was Thanked 365 Times in 229 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

You haven't lost a pound in over a week, and you are worried you won't make your goal by your one year anniversary???? You just had your surgery 4 months ago. Not losing a pound in over a week is totally normal. Now if you don't lose anything for three weeks, then you need to take a look at what you are doing because you are in a stall. But a week? Don't worry about it. It's not uncommon at all. You are WAY too early in the game to be calculating what you'll weigh at your one year anniversary based on the rate you are losing now. Sometimes we don't lose for a week or two, and then one day you get on the scale and 5lbs is gone. I also recommend you not weigh every day. It can drive one nuts! I was doing it in the beginning and was completely obsessed. I had to "break up with the scale". At first, I had my husband hide it from me and only bring it out on Saturdays. Then, I started seeing a loss every week and it boosted my morale so much more! If you're weighing every day, stop. It's obviously getting to you.
    Also, don't gauge your success by other people's weight loss. Everyone's body is different and you will lose at your body's pace. Watching everyone else's tickers is another thing that will drive you nuts, lower your morale, and depress you. It's another thing I had to break myself of. We are all different.
    I guess my point is that you need to take a step back and chill. Look at your progress. You're doing a great job. You've lost 50lbs in less than 4 months!! When would you have EVER been able to do that before your surgery? That's 45% of your weight to goal! You're almost half way there in just 4 months! That's fantastic! You got this. You've just got to lighten up a bit and appreciate your success instead of looking toward a failure that probably will not happen. Stay positive. Sending positive vibes your way. You got this!!

You don’t have to be perfect. You just need to be better.

Revision stats:
    3/2/20 Pre-op: 197.5

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Lorena
    Surgery date
    05/12/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Sergio Quinones
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 11 Times

Thanks so much Jessie your post has literally made me feel better and you are right about everything . I do all those things! Lol and will stop I promise. And Susan I think I'm not eating enough. That whole eating 6 times a day is exhausting.

Surgery date
    12/22/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Earl Noyan
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 47 Times in 38 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 17 Times

Susan is correct. You have to eat more calories. Might sound strange but it's true. I ate 800 calories, burned 400 the didn't lose any weight. Yesterday I ate 1000 calories and walked on the treadmill for 30 min then did weights for 15 min, and lost a pound.
    You have to do weights 3 times a week for 15 min.

Name
    Lorena
    Surgery date
    05/12/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Sergio Quinones
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 11 Times

Thanks Debia I'll try my best to eat more calories and work out more thanks! It's just my stomach still isn't use to many things and so I'll eat what I can stomach and that is definitely not giving me much results.

Surgery date
    12/22/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Earl Noyan
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times

It took me a year to get used to some food, and still have a problem with chicken, it makes me a little sick but I eat it anyway. Drink protein drinks. Stick to mushy foods for a while. You'll see in a few years it'll be awesome! I'm on maintenance now, but still trying to lose more weight because I know I'll gain some now and then, especially during the holidays. I can gain 5 lbs in 5 days, but then I can get it off pretty quickly. I track EVERYTHING I put in my mouth now, so I know exactly how many calories i"m eating. If I don't I will gain weight for sure, you just don't realize that the calories add up. Good luck and keep up the good work. I was 256 when I started, don't get depressed. It WILL come off. If I can do it, you can do it, trust me.

Name
    Lorena
    Surgery date
    05/12/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Sergio Quinones
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 11 Times

Thank you Debia on those wise words and congrats on your amazing weight loss!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgeon
    Dr. Daniel Swartz
    Last Activity
    12-29-2014 12:52 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Im sorry, but I disagree on Godita eating 1000-1200 calories per day. What is the purpose of the surgery?? She will not lose weight eating that many calories. Plus the stomach can hold only but so much. I have had this experience with the sleeve and trust me, the weight will come down.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgeon
    Dr. Daniel Swartz
    Last Activity
    12-29-2014 12:52 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Give yourself a chance. The weight will come down. Trust me you will get periods of stalls and then rapid weightloss. Right now I am fighting like heck to keep weight on!!! The sleeve can make you lose too much weight too. So be mindful of this.

Surgery date
    12/22/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Earl Noyan
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times

SAVY you are incorrect. If your weight is stalled you either have to A) increase the calories B) exercise more C) do weights 3 times per week for 15 min. If you do all three together the weight WILL come off. Yesterday I ate 1050 calories and lost .5 lb..........next week I'm going to eat 1000 calories every day, exercise, do my weights and not go on the scale for a week. Then I will see what happens in 1 week vs every day. You don't lose weight because the body is used to what you are doing and you have to freak it out. It is dangerous to eat less than 800 calories a day, my doctor wants me eating 1000 but I'm adding a little more calories each week and testing it out. I ate 1200 calories and my weight stayed the same.

Gastric Sleeve Member kchopkins's Avatar
    Name
    KC
    Surgery date
    07/29/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Voellinger
    Last Activity
    04-25-2018 01:34 PM
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 9 Times
    Blog Entries

I just wanted to add I agree with Jessie. My nurse told me exactly the same thing "stop judging your journey on what other people have done". And that is why I don't visit this site regularly. I love seeing other people's succes, and I love hearing about other people's struggles, because that makes me feel like I'm not alone. But I find I get even more frustrated and upset when I start measuring myself against others.

You'll get there. We all will. And each day, each week, each month is a new learning experience.

I hope you're feeling better today!
    Highest Weight: 294
    Day of Surgery: 275
    2 week post op check in: 264
    1 Month: 261
    2 Months: 250
    3 Months: 236
    6 Months: 212.8
    8 Months: 201
    9 months: 193
    11 months: 183.2
    12 months: 178

Surgery date
    08/23/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    11-08-2023 05:37 PM
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times
    Was Thanked 1,328 Times in 515 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Im sorry, but I disagree on Godita eating 1000-1200 calories per day. What is the purpose of the surgery?? She will not lose weight eating that many calories. Plus the stomach can hold only but so much. I have had this experience with the sleeve and trust me, the weight will come down.

I am fully invested on everyone having an opinion. Your opinion is that 1000-1200 calories a day will cause Gordita to not lose weight...or possible gain weight. I could not disagree with your opinion more.

If she eats the 1200 calories a day in the proper order and frequency, she will lose weight. Period. You are out and out advocating that Gordita should wait out this stall and, again, I could not disagree more. Why would anyone want to sit around and wait for a stall to bust when it is within all of our power to not only bust stalls, but prevent them from happening?

Now, I will say this. If you have some compelling reason why you think the caloric intake is too much, then by all means, share. We all learn from each other on here. But, to dismiss her idea, out of hand, and the only reason you give is because you have "this experience with the sleeve" is a little reckless.

So, please post again and let us know what your plan is. Have you been sleeved? How long have you been sleeved? How much weight have you lost? You say you "have had this experience with the sleeve", but, you don't actually say you have been sleeved.

19. Said thanks: