I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    08/17/1999
    Last Activity
    11-05-2014 12:38 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Can you recommend a surgeon (likely out of USA) that is excellent and also very inexpensive?

I had bariatric surgery almost 15 years ago and never had any plastic surgery postop. My wish list includes a facelift (to be done first to assist me in getting a job), and a lower body lift. These are probably the two most necessary.

I also would like an upper thigh lift and upper arm lift, and possibly breast implants and lift. I am a bit afraid of implants, but if there is a surgeon who is experienced with fat transfer, that would be the best. And, I can do without the thigh and arm lifts for the time being as long as I stay out of bikinis and sleeveless blouses. Actually, I want to have it all. It is just the cost.....

I am not willing to compromise on quality. I would rather have less done and be sure of the result than have everything done with an inexperienced or less-than-excellent surgeon.

Any info out there?

Thanks,

Kris

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member reading mom's Avatar
    Surgery date
    05/28/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Borland
    Last Activity
    02-25-2015 06:40 AM
    Said "Thanks" 123 Times
    Was Thanked 218 Times in 210 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3,641 Times

Default Re: Can you recommend a surgeon (likely out of USA) that is excellent and also very inexpensive?

Take a look at cowgirl jane's profile. She seems very happy and satisfied. I'm keeping her plastics guy in mind if I ever decide I'm ready.

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    08/17/1999
    Last Activity
    11-05-2014 12:38 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Re: Can you recommend a surgeon (likely out of USA) that is excellent and also very inexpensive?

Thank you. I will check it out.

Gastric Sleeve Member christine53's Avatar
    Surgery date
    03/15/2013
    Surgeon
    Alejandro Lopez
    Last Activity
    03-01-2015 10:24 PM
    Said "Thanks" 84 Times
    Was Thanked 229 Times in 213 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 162 Times
    Blog Entries

My doc was awesome also check out Medtogo.com

Gastric Sleeve Member judyvsgx2's Avatar
    Surgery date
    03/13/2013
    Surgeon
    unfortunately Quinones
    Last Activity
    01-12-2015 04:42 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

I went to Dominican Republic with Dra Yily De Los Santos. She oy did my lower half tummy tuck (removed 15 pounds of skin), lipo sculpture, and transfer 3000 CBC to butt. $4600. $12 days stay $1100 recovery house for me and hubby, and $300 meds. Also $1000 plane tax. But worth every penny

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Banned
    Name
    Melanie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2012
    Surgeon
    Last Activity
    10-17-2016 08:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 195 Times
    Was Thanked 375 Times in 289 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by judyvsgx2 View Post
    I went to Dominican Republic with Dra Yily De Los Santos. She oy did my lower half tummy tuck (removed 15 pounds of skin), lipo sculpture, and transfer 3000 CBC to butt. $4600. $12 days stay $1100 recovery house for me and hubby, and $300 meds. Also $1000 plane tax. But worth every penny
    Isn't that the same surgeon who ended up having to give you a blood transfusion in the Dominican republic, and then you spent like 5 months trying to figure out if she had caused permanent nerve damage...at what point had you planed on mentioned that to the original poster?

Banned
    Name
    Melanie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2012
    Surgeon
    Last Activity
    10-17-2016 08:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 195 Times
    Was Thanked 375 Times in 289 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KristinaMD View Post
    I had bariatric surgery almost 15 years ago and never had any plastic surgery postop. My wish list includes a facelift (to be done first to assist me in getting a job), and a lower body lift. These are probably the two most necessary.

I also would like an upper thigh lift and upper arm lift, and possibly breast implants and lift. I am a bit afraid of implants, but if there is a surgeon who is experienced with fat transfer, that would be the best. And, I can do without the thigh and arm lifts for the time being as long as I stay out of bikinis and sleeveless blouses. Actually, I want to have it all. It is just the cost.....

I am not willing to compromise on quality. I would rather have less done and be sure of the result than have everything done with an inexperienced or less-than-excellent surgeon.

Any info out there?

Thanks,

Kris
    When I was in Mexico this last July having dental work done, I had a consultation with a guy named Dr. Milla, He was amazing, very honest and thorough, explained to me what I would need, showed me 1000s of people with my similar body type that had the same surgeries and their results. They looked fabulous. The one thing I really like about him was that he honestly talked me out of more surgeries that he tied to sell me on. My friend just had a breast reduction with him 2 weeks ago, she said he was fabulous, he too her from like a 40G, to a 38D, they look really great. I plan on booking with him in a few months. He has been a guest on a number of talk shows, I am sure you could youtube him and see his work.

Surgery date
    01/09/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Lautz
    Last Activity
    02-09-2015 07:21 PM
    Said "Thanks" 154 Times
    Was Thanked 299 Times in 286 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 76 Times
    Blog Entries

Another option is go to the residence program of any of the big hospitals in your area. They are cheap(er). The surgery is done by residents overseas by plastic surgeon. At least you will have some type of after care.

After care can be important if you run into any type of problem.