Surgeon
    DR Feiz
    Last Activity
    12-17-2014 10:47 PM
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 64 Times

Default Long Stalls.

I will be 7 months post op at the end of this month. I have been in a stall for two months. I finally lost two measly pounds and stalled again. Has anyone else gone through this? I am disappointed when i read everyone else's weigh-loss at this stage is more than me. I have only lost 54 pounds.

Advice anyone?

Thanks

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Jason
    Surgery date
    08/21/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Paul Wizman
    Last Activity
    08-10-2014 04:31 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 18 Times

Default Re: Long Stalls.

My surgeon's nutritionist tells everyone who does the surgery that they should avoid the scales as much as possible because we're all excited when the weight falls off fast but when it starts slowing down or stalls we tend to get angry or depressed which will then lead us back into the old bad habits.

You can't really compare yourself to other peoples weigh loss. Everyone has different issues, height, weight, BMI, age, etc. If you look online there's a few "expectations" about how much weight you can lose. It's not described just in LBs or inches. They usually count the excess body weight from your BMI. Generally the tests say you can expect to lose 60% of your excess body weight. Buuuut those reports say people lose 60% of that weigh in 2 yrs after the surgery. Considering that, you are WAAYYYY ahead of the curve. In fact, if the total amount of body weight you wanted to lose was 90 lbs then the 54 lb you lost is exactly what the tests could have expected...and you already hit that point 1 yr 5 months ahead of schedule.

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    09/23/2013
    Surgeon
    dr.caruuna
    Last Activity
    05-08-2015 10:58 PM
    Said "Thanks" 41 Times
    Was Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4 Times

Default Re: Long Stalls.

hi...me too...I am losing slowly...or so I thought...I had surgery 9/23 and have lost 50 pounds in 5 months......but a lot in inches...and I had a stall for 6 weeks...one day I woke up and weighed myself after not losing anything for 6 weeks....I lost 7 pounds ....I changed my diet up a little and wham....keep the faith and keep on pluggin away....we were meant to lose the weight slowly...and my doc said I should lose 100 pounds in a year and half to 2 years...good luck...fran