Surgeon
    Dr. Mindy Lane
    Last Activity
    03-20-2014 07:53 PM
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Feeling stuck.....

I'm almost 6 months out and have not lost anything since November.... I actually gained a bit during the holidays.... But almost back to where I was. Unfortunately I brought back some bad habits in my life.... Haven't been exercising like I should.... Not keeping track.... Skipping vitamins.... I feel extremely stressed at work and in life.... Has anyone experienced a slump like this and got themselves out? How do you get out? I hate being a "Debbie Downer".... And I know this time of year hits a lot of us hard! Just hoping for some inspirational stories and ideas of how others pulled through!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member teachymcteach's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    05/30/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Lee
    Last Activity
    06-04-2014 02:30 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Feeling stuck.....

I am stuck right now. I've been stuck before and I upped my cardio and protein intake.

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member girliegirl777's Avatar
    Name
    Erika
    Surgery date
    09/25/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Nguyen
    Last Activity
    09-28-2014 11:15 PM
    Said "Thanks" 61 Times
    Was Thanked 136 Times in 127 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 150 Times
    Blog Entries

I think the whole lifestyle change can get super monotonous. Two things help me get through the boredom. I have a list of reasons for having surgery written down. I refer to it when I am feeling down or discouraged and have also added to it along the way because there are new things happening that I never imagined as I continue to lose. The second thing I do is set goals. I have a 5K coming up in March and June and then a half marathon in October. Every time I run, my goal is to run a little faster and little longer than last time. I also like to plan events or trips to motivate me to wear a certain dress or swimsuit.

Basically, I'm just trying to find ways to make it fun instead of tedious. It's about health and fitness and living your life. You know what you need to do, just find a way to make it work for you. Stress can really impact weight loss too. I think it is important for all of us to find healthy ways to deal with stress.

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member lgutenberg's Avatar
    Name
    Linda
    Surgery date
    12/11/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Kaufman
    Last Activity
    05-21-2015 09:06 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 41 Times in 40 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 49 Times
    Blog Entries

Try to carve out some time for yourself and use it to do some kind of exercise. There are two benefits with this. One it promote weight loss, but the other more important one is that exercise helps your body deal with stress. When you start feeling better, you can try to get your eating back on track. I use myfitnesspal to track what I am eating, and yes it does take time and you have to keep it up, but it will really help you to be honest with yourself.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Highest Weight: 399 lbs.
    Day of Surgery: 359.2 down 39.8 lbs.
    1 month: 342 down 57 lbs. down 17.2 since surgery
    2 months: 316 down 83 lbs. down 43.2 since surgery down 16 this month
    3 months: 300 down 99 lbs. down 59.2 since surgery down 16 this month

8. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member SeasonsChange's Avatar
    Name
    Terri
    Surgery date
    11/26/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Craig Floch
    Last Activity
    12-08-2014 08:32 AM
    Said "Thanks" 386 Times
    Was Thanked 164 Times in 138 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 25 Times

Life happens. It can definitely throw us off. I have had some days where I could care less about protein and vitamins. I do keep a pre-op pic on my fridge and it really does help. Instant reminder of why I had surgery. I really hope you can bounce back! Keep plugging away day by day. Maybe each day of the week incorporate a good habit back into your daily routine. Whether its your vitamins, tracking your protein or exercise. Each day you accomplish one of those things is another day closer to getting back on track.

Sleeved with my husband on 11/26/13! Together through it all

10. Said thanks:

11. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Laura
    Surgery date
    08/21/2013
    Surgeon
    Hawasali
    Last Activity
    10-13-2014 07:31 AM
    Michigan by way of England, Mumbai, Cairo and Boston
    Said "Thanks" 25 Times
    Was Thanked 440 Times in 415 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 829 Times

First off, forgive yourself for what's happened. As long as you learn from the experience and you look to the future then you can let it go. Take it a step at a time if it's too much right now. Work on getting rid of the stress in your life. I had to decide to get up at 4:45am every morning to get in the pool but not only is it giving me exercise I find that it's a good way to start my day. I just noticed this morning that swimming has become meditation time as much as exercise.

Make a small goal every day. "I'll take my vitamins today." If you take them, celebrate. If you don't find out why and set the same goal for the next day.

Winter is a stressful time in general because our bodies don't get as much sunlight as we need. I'm much happier now that the sun is starting to rise the last bit of my drive to work. Take it slow. This is your journey so do it on your terms. If you feel you can jump straight back on track that's fine, but don't beat yourself up if it takes a little time. Be good to yourself and stay healthy.

13. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    11/10/2012
    Surgeon
    Mr Marcus Reddy
    Last Activity
    03-27-2020 11:33 PM
    Said "Thanks" 49 Times
    Was Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 9 Times
    Blog Entries

sometimes i get so frustrated. i have been on a stall for a long time. over 3 months. it upsets me but i know that i am the best i can. stay strong and i wish you all the best
    Its my time.....

15. Said thanks:

Name
    Heather Rhyne
    Surgery date
    06/24/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Greg Mancini
    Last Activity
    09-22-2015 05:08 PM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 67 Times in 60 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

I am sorry you are feeling stuck i am sure we all get to a place where we realise we need to up our game. Its hard this time of year to get motivated but i have looked at your loss and you have done really well so dont get down hearted. My nurse practioner told me Monday that if i wanted to get rid of my sweet tooth gained whilst in England eating some foods i missed. I would be best going back on my protein drink diet. I told her no they were too sweet. But really to get to where you were you have to take yourself back to the beginning and how you were eating then. Cut out all the things you know you shouldnt be doing and write down all you are eating and doing. Little by little wean yourself off the bad habits...listen we all have them we are all human and you havent failed you just need to get back on track and as we get to a point where our bodies have lost a lot...the weight comes off slower. SO DONT GIVE UP KEEP GOING AND GET BACK ON TRACK! YOU CAN DO IT!!! you got this far so remember all you have been through to get to this point and congratulate yourself with how well you have done and get back to it!
    all the best Hev

17. Said thanks: