Surgeon
    Dr. Ahmed Ibrahim
    Last Activity
    12-13-2016 02:04 AM
    Said "Thanks" 130 Times
    Was Thanked 60 Times in 48 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 19 Times
    Blog Entries

Default So scared to end up with regrets! HELP PLZ!

Hi everyone

i've been sleeved for over 2 years now & i'm lovin' it, i'm living the life i want & am really happy, but as with many people i need a thigh & butt lift as well as a breast lift + augmentation.

The thing is, I know i won't regret getting my saggy behind & legs tones up from the excess skin cuz although i workout like crazy & I lift weights, very little improvement happened, so i know that i need both lifts.

I'm skeptical about the breast surgery honestly. My breasts were a B or Half C at my heaviest...they have sagged now & gone to a very small B, but bigger than an A now....i know i need the lift at least, but I'm scared to go to a full C cup....although i'm sure it'll look much better on my & I will finally be proportioned since i've always had a bigger lower half.

Another point is that my mom is driving me crazy being against the breast surgery, although it's my dime & my body but unfortunately due to stupid cultural reasons I MUST live with my parents......so i'm fighting everyday about this issue.

I'm honestly scared that i'll regret it, that they'll look too fake, that jumping & sports will be too hard...i dance 2 times a week, play squash & tennis once a week & jog everyday.....sports is such an important part of my life....also my mom's like "How will u explain ur fake boobs to ur future husband?" i was literally dumbfound!!! Screw him if he can't deal with how I look!! Why am I supposed to be afraid of someone i haven't even met yet!!

Also she's scared it'll interfere with lactation...not that i'm crazy about babies...but it might happen i suppose if i get married...is that true at all?? And that it'll induce Cancer too ((

I'm both scared & furious......feedback please!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Momof3monsters's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Jackie
    Surgery date
    03/03/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Kim
    Last Activity
    02-25-2015 02:33 PM
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: So scared to end up with regrets! HELP PLZ!

I haven't had my sleeve surgery yet but I am also going to have to deal with the sagging skin. But I know lots of ladies who have had implants and still breast feed their babies. If you get a reduction it might be a problem. I know this was the least of your problems but I hope it will be helpful.

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Momof3monsters's Avatar
    Name
    Jackie
    Surgery date
    03/03/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Kim
    Last Activity
    02-25-2015 02:33 PM
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times
    Blog Entries

Oh by the way you look wonderful your picture is gorgeous!

6. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    03/19/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Balette
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 12:52 PM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 84 Times in 59 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

I understand your concern with your parents - it took me over 40 years to finally come to the realization that I wasn't living my life for them but for me. I encourage you to do what makes YOU feel good. I know it is hard - they will always be your parents and will always worry about you. Make sure they understand your feelings and why you are doing this - I'm guessing they will support you once they understand how you FEEL.
    Congratulations on your success - you look wonderful.

8. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member salma2013's Avatar
    Name
    salma
    Surgery date
    02/24/2014
    Surgeon
    Brian Layton
    Last Activity
    10-29-2017 10:41 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 8 Times
    Blog Entries

First of all you look amazing. i understand completely how you feel about your mom, you need to have a woman to woman talk with her . Let her understand that you love and respect her but you know better for yourself now that you are 32 years old. You are your own woman and need to make your own decisions and although that you care a lot about what she thinks but it can’t stop you from doing what you want. i am not so thrilled about the plastic surgery ( maybe cause i haven’t had issues yet ) but i think you look amazing and must feel so much better. Surgery for me is such a big thing and to have to go through it and put yourself at all this risk you need to have a very good reason behind it like getting healthy, trying to have a baby ....and so on. With all that being said i think it is you decision to make. i will not worry about your future husband and what he would think . He is not even in the picture yet. if can’t accept you the way you are with all the decisions you made before him . You don’t need him in your life. it is all about you and what you think dear.

10. Said thanks:

11. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Sheila
    Surgery date
    01/14/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Ernest Cudjoe
    Last Activity
    01-26-2015 08:03 AM
    Said "Thanks" 87 Times
    Was Thanked 115 Times in 109 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 137 Times
    Blog Entries

I have a friend that nursed after having implants. She is a runner and plays volleyball year round. As long as you aren't going huge, it should not be a problem with them not looking real.

As far as them being cancer causing, I don't know statistics, but it doesn't seem logical to me. They would not encourage women that have had masectomies to have corrective surgery if it would heighten their risk of having cancer again.

13. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member girliegirl777's Avatar
    Name
    Erika
    Surgery date
    09/25/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Nguyen
    Last Activity
    09-28-2014 11:15 PM
    Said "Thanks" 61 Times
    Was Thanked 136 Times in 127 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 150 Times
    Blog Entries

Why don't you consult with a plastic surgeon and see what he recommends. It may be that you can get a lift instead of augmentation. Once you hear back from your surgeon, you can have a more informed discussion with your mom.

15. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Christian_Loving_Life's Avatar
    Name
    Irene Billingsley
    Surgery date
    11/12/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    10-15-2020 11:38 AM
    Said "Thanks" 11 Times
    Was Thanked 35 Times in 29 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

I agree that you look amazing!
    I was just at Cosmed with a friend that was having surgery in Mexico.
    The plastic surgeon (Dr. Fuentes) had a consult with me and he said if I am afraid of implants then he could take a bit of fat from my sides and put that in my breast instead of implants. He said if he just lifted my breast the way they are right now then they would have indents in them on top which I definitely do not want.
    You would definitely still be able to breastfeed and no cancer is not an issue either way.
    Good luck in your decision.

17. Said thanks:

Name
    Jessy
    Surgery date
    10/03/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ahmed Ibrahim
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 130 Times
    Blog Entries

Thanx everyone for being so wonderful & supportive
    I've been on the site for over 3 years now & i'm really grateful for all the nice kind people i met & still keep meeting
    thanx u guyz i have an appointment on Saturday to discuss all lifts (breasts + thigh + hips). i'll let you know what he tells me

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Ask your surgeon your questions and concerns. After that it is your body and your money, so do whatever you want.

20. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    04/09/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Gersin
    Last Activity
    01-23-2017 10:01 PM
    Said "Thanks" 37 Times
    Was Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2,157 Times
    Blog Entries

I've had plastic surgery and am planning to have lipo soon to my inner and outer thighs. This is a very personal decision just like having the sleeve done. I wish you the best in your decision.

22. Said thanks:

Name
    Danielle
    Surgery date
    05/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Murphy
    Last Activity
    06-06-2015 12:55 PM
    Said "Thanks" 66 Times
    Was Thanked 134 Times in 121 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 336 Times
    Blog Entries

I just had my arms and breasts done in December (breast lift & augmentation) and I LOVE the way I look now! I had my breasts done because i was VERY A-symetrical, one side was a large A cup and the other a large B, so i was always very self conscious about it, I told my surgeon I wanted to look proportionate, not like I had 2 basketballs strapped to my chest, so we settled on a mid/full C cup and I couldn't be happier ... I look in the mirror and smile with I see a little cleavage! Do they look real? If i'm not wearing a bra, not really at this point but they're starting to soften and that's helping them look more natural, with a bra on they look as normal as the next gal's! They're not so fake looking that people know if they didn't already, it's a subtle difference, he did a wonderful job and they look great. I was very hesitant about the breast portion of my surgery because of the social taboos of getting them done, but I can honestly tell you not many people know about the augmentation and I don't offer the information up.

I'll offer you the same advice my husband kept telling me when i was second guessing the breast surgery ... If if will make you feel better about yourself then it'll be worth it so go for it! When the time comes and your future husband comes into the picture which conversation would you rather have "I had my breasts done to help me be more self confident" or "Sorry i'm so self conscious about the way my breasts look"? I'm also betting money if he's like every other red blooded man on this plant he'll be thrilled with the implants but he'll love you regardless of your breast size, if he doesn't then maybe he's not the right one for you!

Good luck with your consultation, just be honest with your surgeon and he'll help guide you through this! I know mom's worried about you but don't let her bully you into making the decision she would make, this is for you to decide and no one else. Follow your heart and you'll never make the wrong decision!

November 3, 2011 - First Visit to Bariatric Center 277 lbs
    May 1, 2012 - Start pre-op diet 251 lbs
    May 22, 2012 - Surgery weight 236 lbs
    May 22, 2013 - 1 year anniversary 160 lbs

The more you love your decisions, the less you need others to love them too

24. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member VeryLargeBob's Avatar
    Name
    Bob
    Surgery date
    06/19/2012
    Surgeon
    Alamanza
    Last Activity
    02-13-2023 06:48 PM
    Said "Thanks" 15 Times
    Was Thanked 128 Times in 76 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 32 Times

Mothers are obligated to drive you crazy about any sort of plastic surgery....it's in the rules.

I think you would absolutely, positively ROCK a full C cup.
    Height: 6'4""
    Highest Weight: 346
    Pre-Op: 330
    Day of Surgery: 318

26. Said thanks:

Name
    Kim
    Surgery date
    05/24/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Alvarez
    Last Activity
    02-02-2015 06:38 PM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 63 Times in 57 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 10 Times

I'll agree with the others--this is about you, and what you want, and what you will/can pay for. I can chime in on the breast surgery angle, to a degree though.

I had a reduction years ago, and it is a similar procedure to a serious lift (same incisions for the most part, and the same degree of scarring). I am not able to breastfeed. No way, no how. The surgery cut probably 90% of the ductwork needed for proper lactation to happen. I almost assaulted a La Leche League volunteer in the hospital after my DD was born. She kept insisting that I try to BF, even after I explained to her that there was no physical way that it would work. She said (get this) "well, maybe the ducts grew back." They're breasts, not freaking lizard tails or starfish arms!!!

Anyway, maybe a good plastic surgeon could preserve the breast tissue itself, and work solely with the skin. I'll be having lift and implants next year myself. I'm fortunate in that my mom is 100% behind my decision, but she was behind my reduction surgery 100% too. She's going through reconstruction now after a double mastectomy, and she's going for full Cs when it's time for the implants. She was a B all her life, but she's going bigger because she CAN. After the hell she went through with surgery and chemo, she deserves a size upgrade if she wants it. You know the saying... go big or go home!
    Gothikim
    AKA Kim
    If not now, when?

1st goal: Onederland CHECK!
    2nd goal: shopping in the Misses department CHECK!
    3rd goal: "overweight" BMI (169) CHECK!
    4th goal: weight when I met my hubs (150) CHECK!
    5th goal: "normal" BMI(140) CHECK!
    6th goal: 120
    CHECK!

114 lbs down, and at goal!

Name
    Jessy
    Surgery date
    10/03/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ahmed Ibrahim
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 130 Times
    Blog Entries

Oh ur mom is so brave to endure this! Hats off! O course after chemo she can do ANYTHING AT ALL! I wish u both all the best hun xoxo