Surgeon
    Dr.Aceves
    Last Activity
    03-19-2015 09:36 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 8 Times

Default exercise

I wanted to ask about exercise. I DO NOT LIKE TO DO IT but I know I need to, how do I get my self motivated to start. I am happy with my weight loss so far but know I need to start and just hate the thoughts of it HELP.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    12/12/2013
    Said "Thanks" 20 Times
    Was Thanked 37 Times in 36 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 56 Times

Default Re: exercise

Leslie Sanson has an in home walking program. It's fun, quick, and in only about 3 weeks you'll feel stronger. I love her DVDs. Just my opinion.

Gastric Sleeve Member marilynlw's Avatar
    Name
    Marilyn
    Surgery date
    11/12/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Lorenzo
    Last Activity
    01-02-2014 02:32 PM
    Oahu, Hawaii we moved from Ohio to wormer weather.
    Said "Thanks" 61 Times
    Was Thanked 742 Times in 711 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,174 Times
    Blog Entries

The whole trick is finding something you actually like to do. I have always loved the water and living in Hawaii going to the YMCA for water aerobics is a no-brainer for me. But it can be anything you like to do or just start walking. I don't know where you live so the weather may be a factor for you but if you live close to a mall you can surely fine somewhere to walk. My doctor wants us to do 10,000 steps a day which is about 5 miles yeaks. but said 15 minutes on an exercise bike or of water aerobics is equal to 1000 steps. I know it is hard to get started but just do it and keep at it consistently and one day you will find it is easier and becomes a great habit. Best wishes for a happy and healthy NEW YEAR!

Highest weight 440 lbs. lowest weight 9.5 lbs at birth
    Date of surgery weight 340
    12 week checkup 301 BMI <50 yeah!
    Weight on birthday 3/24/48 Goal 285 would be nice.

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Firkanten's Avatar
    Surgery date
    01/07/2014
    Surgeon
    Hvidovre Hospital
    Last Activity
    07-29-2014 05:05 PM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

When I weighed about 300 pounds, I started to ride my bike at summer evenings. If I'd like to buy an ice-cream at the end, it was ok. I put my pocket camera in my purse and off I went. That summer I ate no ice-creams but I shot a lot of pictures of my city.

That's how I started. Even though I gained more weight because of medication I kept my habit by biking. Today it's my transport to most things.

Then I started at the gym. I love it when my brain are exploding with endorphines. And I get more energy the more I freak out in the gym. Funny, but it's true.

Find the thing that makes you do it. Dance in the living room (belly dancing videos at youtube), go to the forest and jump up and down trees laying down, use a jump rope, chase the cildren in the back yard for fun, play soccer or go swimming, buy a dog and go for walks with it, take your camera and go for shooting your neighborhood or city - everything counts. And yeah, it's tough in the beginning but make short term goals, like "I'll walk to McDonalds and eat a burger, no fries and sip a small coke, and then go home again". It sounds weird, but everything that makes you move is fine.

Happy exercising.

7. Said thanks: