Dr Wiess, Georgetown, KY
    Last Activity
    09-25-2013 12:46 PM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 65 Times
    Blog Entries

Red face Surgery was Nov. 19, 2012

I need some incouragement and some one to just talk so I thought why not try this site. There seems to be lots of info out here. I had surgery in November last year, I have lost 74 pounds since my journey started with this and am hoping to lose 50 more. I am excited with the new me and am enjoying the shoping since I am now in an 18-20, however I am losing weight a lot slower than I thought I would for some reason I thought, bamm it would just fall off and I would be a size 10. The hardest thing for me has been the mental struggle I am faced with on a daily basis. I hear myself saying you can have that, when I am looking at a muffin or an ice cream to you can't fit your fat butt into those pants..... The muffin or ice cream that I eat makes me sick and I throw up, and the pants fit. Crazy, crazy, crazy is how I feel sometimes, I am struggling to say the least.
    Today I have on a new shirt that is actually form fitting and received several complements, I am not good with complements and just laugh or smile, not knowing how to come back with an appreciative comment other than a shy thanks.
    I started walking several months ago but have been forced to stop doing so at lunch since we have had many cuts and had to let 4 people go in February. I need to find ways to get motivated to excersise since lunch is off limits!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Rachel
    Last Activity
    09-24-2013 11:37 PM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 540 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Surgery was Nov. 19, 2012

First of all, congrats on you weight loss...You should be very proud of your self!!! As for the weight loss, I have seen people who lose a ton of weight off the bat and others that have not lost as much but have been pretty steady. I have not had my surgery yet but have a great support group and lean on them. Do you have a support group that you go to? If you don't I would look for one in your area, it is very helpful. If you can get up a half hour earlier then you could do some walking, or in the evening after work. But it is something that you need to make the time for as it is an important part of your weight loss plan. Good luck.
    RachieV

4. Said thanks:

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Brad
    Surgery date
    06/24/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Turton
    Last Activity
    06-25-2015 09:00 PM
    Said "Thanks" 49 Times
    Was Thanked 173 Times in 162 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 310 Times

I have not had the surgery yet myself but stay strong and welcome to the site

Highest recorded weight ( summer 2012)= 346
    Pre op weight 6/17/13= 310
    Surgery day weight 6/24/13= 297
    Weight on 7/24/13= 271
    Weight on 8/24/13=258
    Weight on 9/24/13=257 stall
    Weight on 10/24/13=247
    Weight on 11/24/13=241
    Weight on 12/24/13=238

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Delores512's Avatar
    Name
    Delores
    Surgery date
    05/28/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Halpin
    Last Activity
    10-27-2013 12:22 PM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 85 Times in 83 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 129 Times
    Blog Entries

I understand about the changes at work. We have had them too. But even though you can't get out for an hour (or whatever your lunch break is) maybe you could take 15 minutes. that will help you in more ways than just the weight loss. Then you can finish up the time later in the day or before the day starts. I was told by the physical therapist (part of the weight management group) that it isn't always getting in the activity all at once, but how much you get in total each day.

Good Luck to you and you have done wonderful.

Highest Weight 219
    Weight the day home from surgery 201
    1st goal under 200
    2nd goal down to 175
    3rd goal down to 150
    Ultimate goal down to 135

8. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    05/10/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Donald Schwab
    Last Activity
    06-13-2016 02:14 PM
    Said "Thanks" 25 Times
    Was Thanked 274 Times in 246 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5,770 Times
    Blog Entries

74 lbs lost in 5 months is AWESOME. We sometimes want this procedure to act like a magic wand and *POOF* off goes the weight. I know that I didnt become a 288lb man over night nor over six months but from a lifetime of bad eating habits. I am ready to get my tool so that I can have more control over my health. I know this will be a life long change.

You have done great and just need to keep up the good work. The closer you get to the right weight the slower it will get.
    LIFE is NOT a Spectator SPORT!!

Highest weight ----343 lbs 2008
    First Consult weight--288 lbs 3/10/13
    Surgical weight ---266 lbs 5/10/13
    Lowest adult weight 237 lbs 12/03/13

10. Said thanks:

11. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Jenny
    Surgery date
    01/21/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    12-04-2013 04:47 PM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 61 Times in 56 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 43 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi, congrats on the loss so far! I was sleeved about 80 days ago, give or take. First in response to compliments...all you need to say is a very simple "thank you" and leave it at that. Second, I believe that if you are telling yourself its ok to have sweets and foods you know got you into trouble to begin with, then you need to seriously re-evaluate things! For instance, why did you have the surgery? How did you feel when you were fat? Embarrassed? Self- concieous? Physically in pain? Since you are not at your goal weight, it is NOT ok to have that cupcake, or that piece of candy. You have to change your way of thinking. You have made it ok to cheat. And its not if you want to see and feel the results. Third, it seems as if you are too concerned with numbers. I believe that as long as there is weight coming off weekly, and you are feeling better and stronger weekly, THAT is what you should concentrate on! To further this idea, I would like to say that it is a proven fact that what you speak about yourself and your life WILL COME TRUE!! If you say "I'll never be a size 6", you never will be a size 6. On the other hand, if you say out loud, " I CAN do this! I have been given the tool to do this. And I am worthy and deserving of this." then you will be successful in your journey to discovering a new and improved you!!! Our own words have such incredible power over us!! Turn your thoughts and words into power!! I know you can do this!! How? Because you have a great start!! Keep going! There is NO race to win! It will never be over; the changes you must make will have to be permanent for the rest of your life!!! And finally, I suggest you find a friend/neighbor to walk with in the evenings (summer is coming and it'll be perfect, not too hot). Also, take up new hobbies and stop pressuring yourself so darn much!! Get out of your head a little; volunteer somewhere, take dance lessons....

I hope I have shown you love, albeit toughlove, but sometimes we all need a kick in the pants to get moving again!! You are not bad or to blame, so start loving yourself and the weight will come off again. Just go back to basics: proteins and vegies, NO carbs, lots of water....betcha you the scale starts moving again!! Very best wishes to you dear!!!

13. Said thanks: