Last Activity
    04-24-2013 07:22 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Helloooo

I would like to introduce myself...

This is my first post ever on a forum.

I am waiting to go for surgery however I have 3kg to lose before getting my date for surgery and I am really really struggling with this

I am looking for inspiration...

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Last Activity
    07-27-2014 08:36 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 275 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Helloooo

Hey there,
    Dennis is my name. I fly to San Diego on Thursday and my surgery is this Friday, April 5th. You will find lots of help on here. I am an R.N. and now work in Emergency Room Trauma. I had a lap band 6 years ago and it worked well, but never could stand the reflux/gerd and one bit too much and you vomit. My daughter had her sleeve 3 weeks ago and I decided that it was time. Everyone who changes from the lapband to the sleeve say they should have done this a long time ago. The sleeve was not an option 6 years ago, so I chose the best available. I have lots of good information on the forum. Click on the GROUPS and look for Do's and Don't of pre and post op. Send me a friend invitation and I will accept. You will build up a great list of support buddies on here. Don't be afraid to respond to any of the threads, blogs, groups, latest activities, etc.......I will be on I Phone, I Pad, and have everything to respond while I am at the pre tests Thursday, and then after surgery on Friday. Write me with any questions, fears, excitement, ideas, etc.......
    Dennis

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Last Activity
    07-27-2014 08:36 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 275 Times
    Blog Entries

All tests done today on thursday. Dr. Almanza came in and told me they were doing my surgery today. No hotel, straight to interviews, consults, lab, ekg, consents, IV, antibiotics, legs wrapped, booties, cap, waiting my turn. I will be after 6:00pm tijuana time. He wanted me last since my surgeries will take about 3 hours, since they are removing my lap band, removing my gallbladder, followed with sleeve. No worries here folks, everyone is great, kind, professional and skilled. They are all very professional and very organized. Very clean. Getting IV antibiotics now. Spent time with each doctor. Given results of my tests early. If they have trouble getting the lap band out since it has been in 6 years, they will have to cancel the gallbladder and sleeve. They are cautious and safe. You will all be pleased. Everyone walking out of operating room to recovery and talking and most comfortable other than the gas. We have all been talking, texting, playing music, even an hour after surgery. Everyone up and walking right after to relieve gas. About to go in myself on an hour. Catch you all up on the flip side. :-)

Gastric Sleeve Member applejacks's Avatar
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgeon
    Dr. Yenumula
    Last Activity
    05-06-2014 04:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times
    Was Thanked 35 Times in 35 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 18 Times

How did your surgery go? We're they able to remove the band safely and perform the sleeve same day? I am curious...I was banded in 2007 and I've lost around 120 lbs total. I go up/down about 15-20 lbs but pretty consistent. The only problem is that I have about 145 more lbs to lose to get to goal and after 5 1/2 yrs. of the band it doesn't look like its gong to happen
    My insurance told me they do not do "revision" surgeries so I feel like I am stuck, they did offer to remove the band because of the complications I have been having on/off for the last 5+ years but the. I would be left with nothing...no thank you. I just don't know what to do at this point. Suggestions welcomed

Highest Wt. before LapBand(11/2006) -416 lbs.
    Day of Surgery to remove LapBand (6/26/13) -330 lbs.
    Goal Wt. to get Sleeve Surgery -320 lbs.
    1st Mini Goal Wt. 295 lbs. -
    2nd Mini Goal Wt. 275 lbs. -
    3rd Mini Goal Wt. 250 lbs. -
    4th Mini Goal Wt. 225 lbs. -
    5th Mini Goal Wt. 195 lbs. -
    6th Mini Goal Wt. 180 lbs. -
    Goal Wt. 170 lbs. -