Surgeon
    Kelvin Higa
    Last Activity
    03-13-2018 11:43 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times

Default So tired and dizzy

Hey all I'm 3 weeks since surgery and my first 2 weeks were pretty good after my food withdraws lol didn't have any pain really I was walking 4 times a day for 15 minutes each. Now I'm so exhausted all the time and when I get up from a sitting position I keep having dizzy feelings every time. Other than chasing my 2 year old around I haven't been doing much these past 3 days. I'm so tired and feel like I don't have the energy to go walking. Is there anything I cAn do to get some energy back or will this pass soon

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Anissa Christine's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Anissa
    Surgery date
    08/08/2012
    Surgeon
    Peterson, Richard M.
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 265 Times in 247 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 89 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: So tired and dizzy

I have plenty of energy (I workout every day, even on days that I am tired). I periodically have issues with dizziness. These episodes started when I increased the intensity of my workouts. At last month's check-up with my surgeon, he indicated to me it's because I am dehydrated. However, he was only able to come to this conclusion after he looked over my blood work. If your symptoms continue I recommend consulting with your surgeon.

Best wishes!

Heaviest: 387 pounds (1999)
    Weight last appointment prior to surgery: 265 (6/29/12)
    Weight beginning of two-week full liquid/high protein diet: 265 (7/25/12)
    Weight day of surgery (8/8/12): 253.2
    ONEDERLAND: 12/10/12: 198
    100 pounds lost 7/3/13
    Reached goal weight of 160 pounds on 9/9/13 (1 year, 1 month, and 1 day post-op)

Name
    Tara
    Surgery date
    02/05/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Roller
    Last Activity
    03-06-2016 04:21 PM
    Said "Thanks" 47 Times
    Was Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 87 Times
    Blog Entries

Usually when I feel like that it's because I'm not getting my protein or my liquids. Good luck! Hope you feel better soon!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    02/07/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Montgomery
    Last Activity
    04-17-2013 04:48 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

I feel your pain! I'm at five weeks and even today I only lasted two hours shopping and had to come home and rest. At three weeks I actually got very dehydrated and sick. I was in the shower and I started to black out. I had my kid bring me up a protein shake that I drank while sitting in the bottom of the shower. I made it to my bed and was there for the rest of the day and night. I was so nauseas I couldn't eat or drink, I was dizzy, stomach cramps and headache. Later that night I thought I need to go to the hospital but my daughter was sick and in bed and I didn't think it was safe to drive, I'm on my own. I started to read my post op binder and when they listed the symptoms of dehydration I realized I was severely dehydrated. I felt like a fool because I was dehydrated my whole pregnancy and on Iv the whole time. I don't know why I didn't realize, maybe because I was thirsty or hungry. Anyway, the next day I made it my mission to just get hydrated. I drank gatoraid g2 and finished a liter off. I stopped the protein shakes because they where making me sick and by day three I was way better. From then on I've definately had my good days and bad days but if I can get my liquids in I do much better!