Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    06-05-2014 05:30 AM
    Said "Thanks" 546 Times
    Was Thanked 60 Times in 51 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 89 Times

Default Re: People drifting away from the forum after surgery?

Grace

Balderdash! Piffle! You are looking great. We all have personal issues of one kind or another; join the club. But, as you colonials say: "Do the math!" 113 of your American pounds is a wonderful achievement.

You have always been a mainstay of this discussion group while I have been a member. You have insight, maturity, and beauty: both internal and external.

I am sure I reflect the views of many others when I say that your posts have played a significant part in my journey (viz: 1 000+ thanks); for that, I shall always be grateful.

Feel free to ping me a personal message at any time and we can exchange emails. Do keep in touch, dear lady.

Best for 2013.

UK Tim

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Cheryl
    Surgery date
    04/27/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    04-14-2017 01:48 AM
    Said "Thanks" 216 Times
    Was Thanked 374 Times in 244 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 291 Times

I come on here rarely mostly because my sleeve is no longer my main focus anymore like it was the first year. Now my focus has moved to a PS board as that's where my goal is. I do find myself frustrated with some of the self-proclaimed "vets" that are 2-3 months out that are telling the newly sleeved they can eat this or drink that no problem when its clearly not on the surgeon's plan. I will post a little and then throw my hands up and leave for awhile but I try and pop back here occasionally... as well as keep my blog somewhat up to date.
    Straight forward. Straight facts. Whether you like the truth or not... I'm not made of sugar coating

Check out my blog at Chronicles of a Lifetime Dieter

GOAL REACHED!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    12/12/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Landerholm
    Last Activity
    02-13-2018 09:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 457 Times in 339 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 138 Times

Tim,I don't know who abused you but every forum has a few mouthy people - just ignore it and post away!!! this is a good support resource, I would love to have you back posting even if you can't understand me.

Quote Originally Posted by UK Tim View Post
    I don't post any more because of the abuse I got when I complained that I couldn't understand people who were talking in text speak.

I still lurk, which I am embarrassed about as I don't believe in getting on the bus without buying a ticket, but It's pointless bashing your head against a wall. I also love to see how people with whom I have corresponded are getting on.

Best wishes for 2013 to everyone who has a reading - and emotional - age of above seven.

Kind regards

UK Tim
    308# 12/1/2011 Start of Preop Diet
    300# 12/12/11 Lapband to Sleeve revision
    158# Feb 2013 - GOAL lost 150# 14 months post op
    150# 10/14/2013 - Plastics Dr Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico; removed 5.5# of skin
    140# Apr 2014 - maintaining 168# weight loss currently. Very happy with my sleeve and plastics results!

6. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    02/13/2013
    Surgeon
    Mr Harry Frydenberg
    Last Activity
    01-06-2017 05:41 AM
    Said "Thanks" 107 Times
    Was Thanked 40 Times in 37 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Hi,

So for the few of you who are still posting, but have lived with the sleeve for a long time, how is your life now? What do you eat and are you finding it easy to keep at your weight? Can you put on weight easy? Do you feel that intense hunger that makes you need to rush out and eat something bad?

I have heard about people saying they can kind of reset the sleeve by going on the slimfast. Is that possible and have you tried to do that?

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    12/12/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Landerholm
    Last Activity
    02-13-2018 09:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 457 Times in 339 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 138 Times

What do you consider a long time?
    I am only 13 months but am working the sleeve as good as ever! Slimfast is high carb and is not ideal.

I reset my hunger by going low carb. I avoid protein bars, I avoid simple sugars and carbs (ie bread, rice, sweets of any kind, pastries etc). My treat lately has been once a week (or less) going out with the girls and having 1-2 mixed drinks. I excercise regularly. I am living the way that I think I will need to live for a very long time to keep this weight off....

I still use premier protien and nectar proteins (high quality and very low carb) to help ensure I get enough protein in especially on days when I do intense workouts.

There are people who get off track earlier in this process and that kind of started happening to me over the summer. My losses slowed way down and it was easy to get comfortable right where i was. Everybody tells you that you are trim enough - because lets be honest they were used to seeing me in the 275-325 range and so when I was under 200 I looked pretty good. I added in carbs, was not working out as much (but still very active) and noticed my hunger returning.

I had a heart to heart talk about the level of fitness and health I aspire to and got myself back on track in the fall and have been rolling along great all through the holidays etc! I am so glad I did and I really believe that I know how to influence the sleeve and keep hunger at bay since I went through it once.
    308# 12/1/2011 Start of Preop Diet
    300# 12/12/11 Lapband to Sleeve revision
    158# Feb 2013 - GOAL lost 150# 14 months post op
    150# 10/14/2013 - Plastics Dr Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico; removed 5.5# of skin
    140# Apr 2014 - maintaining 168# weight loss currently. Very happy with my sleeve and plastics results!

9. Said thanks:

10. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents