Surgeon
    Dr. Attiles
    Last Activity
    01-13-2014 08:33 AM
    Said "Thanks" 76 Times
    Was Thanked 170 Times in 160 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 17 Times
    Blog Entries

Default sorry,just cannot figure out a title for what I have been through.....

I can't believe it I haven't been on this forum since end of May. I was scheduled to have my surgery on june 4th and canceled. Due to the nature of my business (boutique) its my busiest time of the y3zr and just could not take that time off to recuperate,honestly..my doctor had to mention open instead of laperscoptic and I just couldn't risk being laid up for 6 weeks...or/more.
    Most importantly.....I have been a caregiver to my father,he has been very sick for almost four years and 3 weeks 3 days ago he succumbed to his illness.I can't put into words how much I love him,how close we were,my building sits next door to their building so he would come over and visit me multiple times daily He was 71 and until he got sick,he was a powerhouse. We are very close so I am having a hard time....daily tears. I am still trying to wrap myself around the fact my amazing father is gone.... one of his wishes,concerns was me going for this surgery. He was so for it. So in a way,I am doing it for him too,I know how much he wanted me to be healthy. So I kept my appointment w/ my doctor yesterday and am waiting for the call next week with my date,will be early to mid january I am told. Just letting everyone know why I disappeared 6 months ago.....back on track now....

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Julie
    Surgery date
    10/23/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Stephen Malley
    Last Activity
    03-19-2021 08:01 PM
    Said "Thanks" 128 Times
    Was Thanked 158 Times in 148 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2,246 Times

Default Re: sorry,just cannot figure out a title for what I have been through.....

Oh, Lea, I am so sorry about the loss of your father! That is so very hard. Like you, I was with my father every day, we worked together. When he passed unexpectedly at age 69, I was devastated. I think about him every single day and my memories of him and the time we spent together give me comfort and keep him alive in my heart. I hope that time will ease your pain. It never goes away, and it never gets "better", but it does get "easier".
    My advice to you would be not to rush in to any big new decisions. Now is not the time. But if this was something that you were going to do anyway, go for it! It will give you something positive to focus on, while improving your life and health.
    God bless you and I will say a special prayer for you.
    Good luck to you, dear!

Highest Weight 2001 - 282 lbs
    Lowest Weight 2002-2005 - 182 lbs
    Start pre-op diet - 266 lbs
    Officially Overweight with BMI of 29.7 on 5/4/13
    "Onderland" - July 20 - 198#

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/10/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Nicholson
    Last Activity
    04-13-2013 10:08 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 11 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: sorry,just cannot figure out a title for what I have been through.....

Lea, my condolences on the loss of your father. I know how difficult that is having lost my mother about 13 years ago. Time helps. Good luck on your surgery. I hope you have a banner year at your boutique!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Last Activity
    02-22-2013 04:57 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 36 Times

Sending you love and light- My father is 78, and as he stubbornly "slows down" we dread he evitable. I wish little girls' daddies could live healthy and happily forever...

Name
    Lea
    Surgery date
    01/21/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Attiles
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 76 Times
    Blog Entries

Thank you both, my mother and I were primary caregivers but througn the month of october I asked people to help/more,including other family members,his long term nursing insurance kicked in 2 days before he passed and they are still giving my mother issues about peperwork for those 2 days! Yes,I realize this is a big thing but I started this journey exactly one year ago,went through everything ,all tests completed. Bqsically just going in for surgery in january as the last part ....looking forward and hoping my father is watching over me. I miss him.

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Last Activity
    02-22-2013 04:57 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 36 Times

Sending you love and light-
    My father is 78, and as he stubbornly "slows down" we dread the evitable. I wish that little girls' daddies could live healthy and happily forever...

Gastric Sleeve Member Texas Girl's Avatar
    Name
    Angie
    Surgery date
    01/15/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Ariel Ortiz
    Last Activity
    06-21-2016 12:42 PM
    Said "Thanks" 158 Times
    Was Thanked 111 Times in 106 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 531 Times

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My father is still with me (and we are very close - he has been integral in my decision and support of my upcoming surgery), but I did lose my mom when she was only 48 (and I was 21), so I know how hard it is to lose a parent. And it doesn't matter if they're young or old, it's always hard.

I hope you have a fantastic year and think of him every moment as you recover from your surgery and work towards the new you!
    My Blog: Intentional Living (haven't updated since gaining most of my weight back... )

Heaviest Weight 11/13/09: 283
    Lowest Weight 06/07/11: 159
    Surgery Booked 11/26/12: 238.8
    Post "food mourning" 12/11/12: 245ish
    Pre-Op Diet Start 01/06/13: 232.2
    Surgery Date 01/15/2013 (Goal 227): 222.8

Gastric Sleeve Member goestogym's Avatar
    Surgery date
    02/08/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Sasse
    Last Activity
    03-30-2024 02:55 PM
    Said "Thanks" 92 Times
    Was Thanked 116 Times in 88 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 246 Times
    Blog Entries

God bless you at this sad time.

Name
    Melissa
    Surgery date
    06/13/2012
    Surgeon
    Poplowski
    Said "Thanks" 431 Times
    Was Thanked 607 Times in 457 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 220 Times

I am so sorry for your loss- how blessed you were to have such a wonderful father! Your desire to honor him in this way is a testament to how much you love him! May your journey be blessed and I am cheering for you and hope you will share the journey with us! Best wishes, Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    I can't believe it I haven't been on this forum since end of May. I was scheduled to have my surgery on june 4th and canceled. Due to the nature of my business (boutique) its my busiest time of the y3zr and just could not take that time off to recuperate,honestly..my doctor had to mention open instead of laperscoptic and I just couldn't risk being laid up for 6 weeks...or/more.
    Most importantly.....I have been a caregiver to my father,he has been very sick for almost four years and 3 weeks 3 days ago he succumbed to his illness.I can't put into words how much I love him,how close we were,my building sits next door to their building so he would come over and visit me multiple times daily He was 71 and until he got sick,he was a powerhouse. We are very close so I am having a hard time....daily tears. I am still trying to wrap myself around the fact my amazing father is gone.... one of his wishes,concerns was me going for this surgery. He was so for it. So in a way,I am doing it for him too,I know how much he wanted me to be healthy. So I kept my appointment w/ my doctor yesterday and am waiting for the call next week with my date,will be early to mid january I am told. Just letting everyone know why I disappeared 6 months ago.....back on track now....
    A person's a person, no matter how small! Dr. Suess

Name
    Jen
    Surgery date
    12/07/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela Sanchez and Dr. Ismael Cabrera Garcia
    Last Activity
    12-23-2019 03:22 PM
    Live in Northern California; surgery in TJ, Mexico
    Said "Thanks" 31 Times
    Was Thanked 132 Times in 128 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 262 Times
    Blog Entries

Welcome back! I'm not sure if your father has passed or chronically ill "succumed to his illness" (meaning that he's not the strapping man he once was). I'm sorry you are struggling right now. You are a good daughter and glad you are thinking of taking care of yourself to get healthy. Prayers and blessings sent your way!

Gastric Sleeve Member marilynlw's Avatar
    Name
    Marilyn
    Surgery date
    11/12/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Lorenzo
    Last Activity
    01-02-2014 02:32 PM
    Oahu, Hawaii we moved from Ohio to wormer weather.
    Said "Thanks" 61 Times
    Was Thanked 742 Times in 711 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,174 Times
    Blog Entries

Best wishes on your journey. I know you father will always be with you.

Highest weight 440 lbs. lowest weight 9.5 lbs at birth
    Date of surgery weight 340
    12 week checkup 301 BMI <50 yeah!
    Weight on birthday 3/24/48 Goal 285 would be nice.

Gastric Sleeve Member Enfury8me's Avatar
    Name
    Terrie
    Surgery date
    10/23/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr.Sergio Quinones
    Last Activity
    12-08-2015 05:43 PM
    Said "Thanks" 57 Times
    Was Thanked 135 Times in 127 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 74 Times

Lea, Sending you an Angel to watch over you. I to lost my father on the 21st of November last year (Just 3 days before Thanksgiving) It was a very difficult time for me and to this day I still think of my dad who I loved very much. God Bless you girl.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    Blessed to have had my Sleeve and now the Journey Ensues:
    Highest Weight 2012 - 272 lbs
    Lowest Weight 1999 - 150 lbs
    Start pre-op diet - 272 lbs
    Date of surgery - 272 lbs (10/23/12)

Gastric Sleeve Member aboutime4me's Avatar
    Name
    Mary
    Surgery date
    05/01/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Soong
    Last Activity
    09-15-2016 10:02 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 368 Times in 333 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lea, I have tears in my own eyes as I'm reading and typing this reply. My dad is 90 and a half and just broke both his hips in a fall early in November. He underwent surgery and is on the mend now, but I know no matter how long or short we have a loved parent, it's never long enough. That being said, please know that in my very heart and soul I know your dad is especially close to you now at Christmas and will be with you all the way through surgery. It's a firm belief of mine that our loved ones can help us more from the other side of this life. Please take comfort in that. He is not suffering any longer and wants you to be your very best self, to take care of you as you for so long took loving care of him.

This is YOUR time to shine and to have others do for you. Wishing you all the best, sending lots of hugs to you and as the tears fall, both tears of joy and sadness when you think of him...know they are healing and cleansing. Have a joyous Christmas and know especially next Christmas will see a whole different person when you look in the mirror. Your dad will be beaming in heaven for you!

Name
    Jimmie
    Surgery date
    11/05/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Leggett
    Last Activity
    08-25-2013 09:31 AM
    Said "Thanks" 71 Times
    Was Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 188 Times
    Blog Entries

So sorry for ur loss Honey....hope I can be of support to you. God Bless you

Can someone please tell me how to come about a Weight Goal?

Name
    Lea
    Surgery date
    01/21/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Attiles
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 76 Times
    Blog Entries

I came back to this blog to say thank you to each and everyone of you who posted condolences to me. I did it..I am sleeved almost 3 weeks and my dad is with me every step of the way. I miss him terribly but hold hope he's is watching me...
    I miss my wonderful father! So blessed to have him in my life. Thanks again fantastic people x