04/01/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Peter Rantis
    Last Activity
    11-23-2013 07:07 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 43 Times in 28 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 45 Times

Default Sleeved 3/21/2011 and not losing any weight since released from the hospital

I was converted from a lap band to a sleeve on 3/21/2011 and 5 days after surgery I was down 20lbs and I have not lost one more pound since. I don't eat much, after a few bites I am done. I have been unable to exercise due to an ovarian cyst that was causing me a great deal of pain, but now that I can go back on my birth control my Dr is saying the pain should go away. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong. I hate the fact that I have hardly any stomach and I still can't lose weight. It is really discouraging!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    04/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Paul Macik
    Last Activity
    08-09-2011 11:53 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sleeved 3/21/2011 and not losing any weight since released from the hospital

I was sleeved on 4/8/11. I too lost 20 lbs in the first 15 or so days...but have not lost one more pound. I'm thinking it is because I may have gone back to my old ways of eating (although only a few bites)....Because I have been walking & swimming a good bit....I think I need to get back to more protein & get back the the stricter ways I followed during the first several weeks following my surgery. Good luck & keep us posted. : )

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    11-15-2014 02:34 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 8 Times

Default Re: Sleeved 3/21/2011 and not losing any weight since released from the hospital

Hi Beth and lissa, I was sleeved on 18th April. I lost 17lb in the first two weeks but nothing since. I saw your thread and wondered how you are doing now. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Chrissy
    Surgery date
    06/06/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Nagel
    Last Activity
    05-20-2012 09:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 11 Times

Is it possible that the birth control is making you keep the weight on?? I know I gained 25 lbs after being on bc pills and it's been an impossible dream to get that weight off since... I'm really hoping my system isn't as resistant as yours... Hugs...