Dr. Benjamin Kim
    Last Activity
    02-17-2016 12:10 PM
    Said "Thanks" 14 Times
    Was Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 45 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Enraged - need to go away for a bit

I still can't believe someone who do that. What do they have to gain? Grace is a hotty...but isn't this person proud of her own accomplishments??Geesh..LOl, just trying to add some humor. So, it is 2 different people? I know about the re-blogger, but is it the same person who did this to Grace? With out saying any names...I think a few of us know :/
    Stephanie....beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Day of surgery weight 195

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member aclabombard13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Angela
    Surgery date
    05/24/2012
    Surgeon
    Terence Clarke MD
    Last Activity
    09-02-2013 09:43 PM
    Said "Thanks" 167 Times
    Was Thanked 275 Times in 236 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 150 Times
    Blog Entries

The only reason I'd like to know who the offender/offenders is/are. is to make sure that they didn't hijack any of my photos or words. I am far too classy of a person to verbally attack them, but I would certainly report them. People like that don't need to be a member of this community... especially if they are going to drive people like Grace away from it! This is supposed to be our safe haven... I share thoughts and photos here that I wouldn't want to share with some of my closest friends and family. I agree that it's possible this person is simply posing as a VSG patient, which is why they would find it necessary to steal other people's experiences because they have none of their own. I just don't think it's worth protecting these "posers" when it's going to end up driving good, helpful, inspirational members away. Just a thought

Trip to NYC Dec 1, 2011 - around 270 if I had to guess
    PCP Appt. March 1, 2012 - 260 lbs
    Bariatrics March 23, 2012 - 257lbs
    Day of Surgery May 24, 2012 - 230lbs
    39 Days Post-Op July 2, 2012 - 199lbs
    247 Days Post-Op January 25, 2013 - 135lbs GOAL

"I'd rather LIVE my life than EAT it!"

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member BraelynsGrammy's Avatar
    Surgery date
    12/22/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Monk
    Last Activity
    03-31-2015 06:34 AM
    Said "Thanks" 244 Times
    Was Thanked 137 Times in 126 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 141 Times

Please stay. You are a great motivator and friend. I always look forward to reading your posts. You are a very intelligent lady.

Surgery date
    08/13/2012
    Surgeon
    dr patrick white
    Last Activity
    05-21-2016 02:42 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times
    Blog Entries

No way !!! Grace everyone needs u here to much....voice of reason... Please handle it some other way...get rid of them...

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    07/10/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Andrew Posselt
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 36 Times in 36 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 98 Times
    Blog Entries

Wow am I slow. Just started reading about this. Grace do not, please do not leave us. I need you. You just helped me with my diet and protein. There were others I could have turned to but I chose you and we had never spoke. You graciously took the time to council me. We Need You. Do not let a thief win. Please take your time to think about this and then let us all know that you are back.
    Cec

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Rainbow
    Surgery date
    07/23/2009
    Surgeon
    Dr Zapata
    Last Activity
    07-28-2019 05:18 PM
    Said "Thanks" 73 Times
    Was Thanked 195 Times in 128 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 75 Times
    Blog Entries

I Still would like the offender outed. I think everyone knows me well enough to know i would never Bully anybody or use the information in any way to harm this forum or anyone on it. Stealing and misusing Graces photo's is very inappropriate behavior, and I would like to know if any of my photos have been hi-jacked as well. As far as it creating a mob Type bulling and a negative backlash to the forum, I think most of us are mature enough to handle ourselves better then that. But those who would do such a thing as steal photo's need to know this wont be tolerated by any of us! Protecting the perpetrator will do more negative damage to our forum because the cat is already out of the bag and I for one would feel much better about knowing my fellow sleevers got my back and will not idly sit back and let someone carry on with this behavior! Like I said before, what this person did was a public thing on our forum, and if she didn't realize what she did was wrong and is sorry then she should own it Publicly and apologies publicly or she should not be here to do it again. Bullying should not be allowed anywhere, and neither should stealing. Ok, maybe my opinion not very humble this time, but still just my opinion, Love Rainbow

Surgery date
    12/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Ramos-Kelly
    Said "Thanks" 31 Times
    Was Thanked 55 Times in 44 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 11 Times
    Blog Entries

Damn it! This makes me so angry! Grace you an integral part of this forum, who is respected and admired by many of us. You give sound advice and are a mentor to all of us here. Please don't let someone with such low standards keep you from this forum. I hope it will be dealt with by Media Hound and we can move past this. Take some time, meditate and please know that each day you are gone, you will be missed by many of us my friend.

Gastric Sleeve Member RussianBlue_x2's Avatar
    Name
    Laura
    Surgery date
    10/31/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    06-15-2013 03:43 PM
    Said "Thanks" 80 Times
    Was Thanked 102 Times in 86 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2,433 Times

Grace, pleeeeeease don't let this run you off the forum. You keep this forum alive! You are a rock! You always have such words of wisdom. People (we) need you here. I know you are pissed off, hurt, and feel like it's not safe, but there are always a few bad apples in every bushel. Don't let a few people who don't have the inspiration to write any content of their own take you away from us. I would never steal anyone's content. I was once a university instructor and I know all about plagiarism. But, if I were low enough to steal other people's content, I would want to steal the best stuff out there. That makes me think of Grace, Dee, Sunflower, Judie .... so, in a way it is an off-handed compliment. You probably don't think of it that way, but that is one way to put a positive spin on it.

As to whomever is stealing content, suspend them from the forum. No we don't need to know who it is, because knowing won't help anything. For the same reasons you don't want your boss to dress you down in front of others, we don't need anyone "outed." We just need to know that it is being *handled* appropriately. MEDIAHOUD, are you listening?
    Highest weight = 250, March 2011
    Surgery weight = 223, Oct 31, 2011
    1st goal weight (148) reached July 24, 2012
    2nd goal weight (140) reached Oct 27, 2012... 1 year post-op

Before & After Picture (at 11 Months Post-Op, 80 lbs gone!)

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Letizia (LOL)
    Surgery date
    09/18/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Jorge Acosta
    Last Activity
    04-18-2013 02:52 PM
    Said "Thanks" 188 Times
    Was Thanked 153 Times in 149 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,066 Times
    Blog Entries

Yes I agree I'm staring my journey and I need all the support/ advice needed. I know is scary to think ppl would do that, I've read similar post but I imagine some of us are going thru the samething. Stay strong and help us that we need great ppl like you. I do think we should know so we can be aware. I hope you consider that a lot of ppl here likes you and care a lot about you.

Name
    Jen
    Surgery date
    12/07/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela Sanchez and Dr. Ismael Cabrera Garcia
    Last Activity
    12-23-2019 03:22 PM
    Live in Northern California; surgery in TJ, Mexico
    Said "Thanks" 31 Times
    Was Thanked 132 Times in 128 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 262 Times
    Blog Entries

@ Rainbow, well said.

Since I'm coming into somthing that I have the drift, I have questions. How does Grace know her pics were taken? If she saw it on another post, there would have been a way to report it. Besides, what would the purpose be in taking someone elses photo? Really? As a retired police officer/DeputySheriff-Coroner, I have a saying, "What's wrong with this picture?" (not meaning photograph...meaning the overall big picture).

I believe in confronting the individual...who knows...maybe in a warped way...compliment? I don't know who Grace (I'm sure a wonderful person) is or what photographs went missing or copyied. Was the other person trying to impersonate Grace? Again, since I don't know the story, can't comment really comment on it.

Name
    Jen
    Surgery date
    12/07/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela Sanchez and Dr. Ismael Cabrera Garcia
    Last Activity
    12-23-2019 03:22 PM
    Live in Northern California; surgery in TJ, Mexico
    Said "Thanks" 31 Times
    Was Thanked 132 Times in 128 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 262 Times
    Blog Entries

@ RussianBlue,

Wow, you've come along way! Excellent work...keep it up! You bave really motivated me and my surgery isn't until December!

Surgery date
    10/31/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Lomenzo
    Said "Thanks" 195 Times
    Was Thanked 213 Times in 182 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 24 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AngelNP View Post
    @ Rainbow, well said.

Since I'm coming into somthing that I have the drift, I have questions. How does Grace know her pics were taken? If she saw it on another post, there would have been a way to report it. Besides, what would the purpose be in taking someone elses photo? Really? As a retired police officer/DeputySheriff-Coroner, I have a saying, "What's wrong with this picture?" (not meaning photograph...meaning the overall big picture).

I believe in confronting the individual...who knows...maybe in a warped way...compliment? I don't know who Grace (I'm sure a wonderful person) is or what photographs went missing or copyied. Was the other person trying to impersonate Grace? Again, since I don't know the story, can't comment really comment on it.
    Grace was ONLY referring to a picture being taken. Sounded like someone else copied it, posted it in their own album/profile on this site with the same comment Grace had put it under in her OWN album and didn't indicate whatsoever that the picture this other person put in their album wasn't theirs. It sounded like they were trying to pass the photo off as being their own.

Someone else brought up the fact that someone was plagiarizing other people's posts on this forum and trying to pass it off as their own blog posts. Completely separate issue, and as I said earlier, I don't think it's the same person that stole Grace's photo.
    Free Weight Loss Tickers at Weight Loss Center

Pre-Op Diet: Didn't lose any weight!
    Morning of surgery: 2 2 0

Gastric Sleeve Member Sunflower's Avatar
    Surgery date
    03/10/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    09-08-2013 09:47 PM
    Said "Thanks" 682 Times
    Was Thanked 704 Times in 669 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 550 Times

Wow! Take a couple of days off from the forum and all *ell breaks loose! 1st: Grace, if you're even reading this, I sure hope you don't leave. I for one, would truly miss your posts.2. I would like to know who's doing this because I'm afraid that some of my stuff's might have been posted as someone else's words. It took me an entire year of being a member on here to get up the courage to post a picture of myself, and now this! I think it's terrible that someone would do that--WHY on earth would they? I don't think we need to start a witch hunt, but I want to know if my stuff has been used. Some people are so pathetic!

Fast Weight loss Online at the Weight Loss Center

Surgery date
    05/07/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Syn
    Last Activity
    08-23-2013 10:31 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 104 Times in 100 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 104 Times
    Blog Entries

Sweet woman, do not be driven away by some idiot. You are the one we want on here!! Not an abuser!! This needs to immediately be dealt with by the site manager. Hopefully it will be and Mediahound will post something to let us all know that this serious infraction has been taken care of. We want to be safe here!!!

Name
    Cheryl
    Surgery date
    04/27/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    04-14-2017 01:48 AM
    Said "Thanks" 216 Times
    Was Thanked 374 Times in 244 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 291 Times

That's really crappy. I can understand your feeling of being violated. I had someone take my pics a few years back and post them on Craigslist for dating purposes!!! A friend saw them and warned me of it... it felt so awful to have that taken from me.

There's nothing wrong with quoting someone ... as long as you give them credit!!

I hope you don't stay away long Grace!!!
    Straight forward. Straight facts. Whether you like the truth or not... I'm not made of sugar coating

Check out my blog at Chronicles of a Lifetime Dieter

GOAL REACHED!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods