Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    04-16-2015 09:28 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Wenziewoo - Star Trek episode Lost in Space

That title is the title of my last personal journey post on the WLSC site. I had my gastric Sleeve on the 18th of June and have been a bit lost in space ever since. Things are coming along slowly. I sometimes wonder if it ever happened.
    Of course I am the only person who is still hungry, has hunger pangs, stomach still grumbles and I can eat stuff I'm not supposed to. I have stretched my pouch already and I am a resolute failure. Meantime the scales still slowly edge downwards. How strange.
    I have an appointment with a nutritionist this morning and I am seeing a hypnotherapist so I'm instituting changes but I didn't wake up miraculously changed and renewed, a born again thinny. I'm still me so far a lifelong fatty.
    Must be a phase ?!?!?!

2. Said thanks:

3. The following 6 users said welcome Wenziewoo to GastricSleeve.com!

4. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Last Activity
    03-29-2024 03:02 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2,088 Times
    Was Thanked 1,538 Times in 442 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 16,633 Times
    Blog Entries

Welcome aboard. Sorry the results weren't as good for you as others are reporting after getting sleeved.

Gastric Sleeve Member sandyfromoz's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    sandyfromoz
    Surgery date
    02/09/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Budak
    Last Activity
    01-18-2020 08:33 AM
    Said "Thanks" 6,066 Times
    Was Thanked 663 Times in 363 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 468 Times

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Wenziewoo View Post
    That title is the title of my last personal journey post on the WLSC site. I had my gastric Sleeve on the 18th of June and have been a bit lost in space ever since. Things are coming along slowly. I sometimes wonder if it ever happened.
    Of course I am the only person who is still hungry, has hunger pangs, stomach still grumbles and I can eat stuff I'm not supposed to. I have stretched my pouch already and I am a resolute failure. Meantime the scales still slowly edge downwards. How strange.
    I have an appointment with a nutritionist this morning and I am seeing a hypnotherapist so I'm instituting changes but I didn't wake up miraculously changed and renewed, a born again thinny. I'm still me so far a lifelong fatty.
    Must be a phase ?!?!?!
    Hi there, You sound like you are being too hard on yourself and I am sure you are not the only person still feeling hungry and eating the wrong things. I haven't had the Op yet but have been on enough sites now to know that everyones journey is different and people go along at their own pace.
    You are barely 2 months out on this huge big adventure, with so much to learn.YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE nor shall you be " a lifelong fatty" any more. As you said those scales are on their way down, so take it easy on yourself and listen to your nutritionist etc and gain support from the great people on this forum. "BEAM ME UP SCOTTY" haha BE proud of yourself and take one day at a time.
    CHEERS!
    Free Weight Loss Tickers at Weight Loss Center

7. Said thanks:

Last Activity
    03-12-2014 01:32 AM
    Said "Thanks" 68 Times
    Was Thanked 80 Times in 40 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 40 Times

Default Re: Wenziewoo - Star Trek episode Lost in Space

G'day Wendy,

I agree with Sandy, I reckon you're much to hard on your self. The problem when we read all the success stories is that our expectations change to form a view about what is "normal". Everyone has a different journey and it's good to see you are getting additional support to work through it. I am often hungry with hunger pangs and regularly have the stomach grumbles. Most of us have carried the weight for quite some time so for many the journey to lose it takes quite some time. It is such a major change to the body and mind that we need all the help we can get. If your "self talk" isn't going so well, you'll just have to trust the nutritionist, hypnotherapist, and us.

cheers

Grover
    VSG: Good Decision, Good Health, Good Result, No Regrets.

9. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    09-02-2010 10:44 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 21 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

are you on anything for acid? stomach acid can mimic hunger, i was sent home with nexium but i had to up the dose from 40mg once a day to twice a day, then i noticed at about 4-6 weeks out i was constantly hungry i would eat and not long later i was hungry again. sometimes it was only 10 mins after i had eaten.. i spoke to my surgeon and she added a zantac to be added to be taken at night, this stopped my hunger... now i only get "hungry when i eat carbs... another thing is sometimes when we think we are hungry we are actually thirsty.

i also noticed that if i eat carbs like pasta i could eat more, they are a slider food for me.. also foods like pie and cake i don't keep in my house as they are trigger foods that make we want more so i tend to graze on them.

so are you sure you have stretched your pouch or could it be that your eating slider food and there for can eat a lot more of it?

when you talk to your nut please let us know what they say

11. Said thanks:

12. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    04-20-2015 03:28 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 32 Times in 14 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 9 Times

Hi Wenziewoo, I agree with all of the above. Far too hard on yourself! At times I question if I'm hungry (I'm not usually) and I know it's the psychological hunger that's trying to persuade me. When you've been on that "lifelong fatty" side for years as I have, I'm assuming it takes a while psychologically to get to the other "lifelong healthy" side. Your doing the right thing and getting help for this small hurdle. We're all ears if you need them :-) JG 99

14. Said thanks: