Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    12-19-2015 05:50 PM
    Said "Thanks" 67 Times
    Was Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 59 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Overeating Before Surgery

I live in Vegas - buffets on every corner. LOL. When I started my journey back in October I had decided I would do my best then to start weaning myself off the carbs and soda. I DO NOT have a scale at home so I relied on my monthly doc visits to see my weight. Well...Thanksgiving, Christmas, Birthdays, Easter, Father's Day, etc later...my weight has not changed. I guess that's good I haven't gained right?? Anyways...my surgery is now scheduled for 08/10/2012. I am doing shakes for meals and a lean & green dinner. But it is hard. My husband is obese (and he is okay with that ) and eats ALOT. He is not the best support for me. He likes fast food, buffets, carbs, soda, etc. I had been doing the lean & green for about 1 week when we went to chinese buffet with friends. I was sick for 2 days. UGH!!! I am now even more determined to stay on my lean & green diet until 2 weeks prior to surgery, then switch to the all liquid diet as recommended due to my BMI. But I am always thinking in the back of my mind, "This will be the last time I can eat this...or that...". Its hard, but I know the end result will be worth it. Good luck on your journey.

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Finally_Mande's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    07/10/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Alamanza
    Last Activity
    10-17-2012 11:56 PM
    Said "Thanks" 24 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 11 Times

Nope I didn't disappear. I'm just sitting back taking in the advice. Thanks everyone for posting. Since I'm cutting back and paying more attention to my tummy. Luckily I don't drink my calories at all. So no soda or anything else to worry about. All those years of weightwatchers at least taught me that. My biggest problem is I'm eating when I know I'm full. This week I'll concentrate on cutting out the sugar and grabbing water instead of more food. So speaking of water. All last week I'm taking a 32oz container and I try to drink one morning, noon and night. That is hard now. How are you guys doing it with a teeny tiny stomach?

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Don
    Surgery date
    02/07/2012
    Surgeon
    DR Carlos Barba
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 46 Times in 41 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 139 Times
    Blog Entries

On water Mande, you likely won't get it all in at first. Sip slow and get in what you can over time the first days or weeks. water will keep you hydrated and more fit. don't overdo though because of an urge to get it all in. You may not be able to as many on here have not either. your healing is first and foremost. Water then protein, water then protein. Good Luck...