Surgeon
    Teresa LaMasters
    Last Activity
    08-01-2013 10:13 AM
    Said "Thanks" 40 Times
    Was Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 30 Times

Default Update

Well it's been quite a while since I've posted or even been on the site so I thought I would share my progress so far!
    Tomorrow I'll be 6 weeks out and as of Monday when I weighed I was down 45 pounds. I'm not going to lie I was hoping to be down more. Don't get me wrong I'm happy with what I've lost so far I guess I'm just anxious to be at goal.
    I've had some struggles over the last 6 weeks. For the first 2 weeks after surgery I only got in water and not much of it. I am one of the "lucky" ones who has struggled with nausea and stomach spasms. So I was averaging about 10-20 ounces of water the first 2 weeks. I'm still not where I should be on my water, I probably only get in 34-51 ounces a day.
    I haven't used any protein supplements (well I've tried many but they just came back up) because they make me nauseaus. According to my surgeons guidelines I'm past liquids, purees and softs but I can still only handle 3-4 bites of something. Some things I'm okay with others I'm not...one day I'll eat something and it will go down and set fine the next time I try it it comes back up.
    I'm doing horrible at taking my meds, vitamins or calcium, but keep telling myself I need to get on it.
    I go back to work tomorrow (which I'm dreading) and really hope I don't have to throw up while I'm there.
    It seems like this is a never ending cycle...as far as the nausea and spasms go because I don't take my meds, vitamins or calcium because I don't want to throw them back up. I don't do protein supplements because I'll throw them back up and what little food I do get down (and stays down) isn't enough long term. I really hope something changes for the better soon because I don't want to go through what could happen as a result of not taking meds, vitamins, calcium or protein.

Thanks for listening

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    12/07/2011
    Surgeon
    LaMasters
    Last Activity
    04-18-2013 01:39 AM
    Said "Thanks" 88 Times
    Was Thanked 195 Times in 182 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 215 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Update

So sorry for the late reply. I didn't see it until today. I hope you are still getting on the board and do see this. Anyway, congrats on the weight loss. That is really wonderful. Huge loss in such a short time. Sorry you are having a hard time though! I would give Alissa (Dr. LaMaster's PA) a call and ask her advice. I know you posted this a couple of weeks ago so hope your return to work went ok.

When I was having a hard time with fluids, Powerade Zero worked the best for me. I grew sick of it eventually but it helped me through a hard time of not getting enough fluids in. If you haven't tried the Premiere Nutrition brand of shake, I really recommend them. Also, Max Muscle is always at support group with samples. They have some that taste more like lemonade/koolaid types rather than milky. If you go there, they let you sample them all before you buy.

Good luck.

"The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears."

Beginning weight: 324; Pre-op loss: 33 lbs; Weight on day of surgery: 291

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Gastric Sleeve Member Sunflower's Avatar
    Surgery date
    03/10/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    09-08-2013 09:47 PM
    Said "Thanks" 682 Times
    Was Thanked 704 Times in 669 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 550 Times

sorry you haven't been feeling well. Your tummy needs more time to heal. Great weight loss, though! I think you should be very pleased!

Fast Weight loss Online at the Weight Loss Center

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    07/06/2012
    Surgeon
    Bina
    Last Activity
    04-09-2014 11:50 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 94 Times in 86 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 41 Times

If you have vanilla protein powder, I 2 scoopes, 1/2 small FROZEN bannana, a couple FROZEN stawberries and 8oz skim milk...i put in my Ninja (sure any blender would work) and it is like ice cream but full of protein. I am not post op yet so could be dreaming but figure that would be a good way to get some in and make you eat real slow because it cold. Just an idea.

Goodluck thanks for the update.....
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wktSten/]

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    07/06/2012
    Surgeon
    Bina
    Last Activity
    04-09-2014 11:50 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 94 Times in 86 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 41 Times

Have you tried Seabands for nausea SeaBand also makes a ginger gum...really helped me on a cruise (i get real sick and didnot the whole week while most of the boat did because of high seas)
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wktSten/]

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents