Surgeon
    Dr. Arreola
    Last Activity
    04-08-2013 01:17 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Default almost 3 weeks....

it will be 3 weeks as of tomorow since my surgery and i have lost 40 lbs. I have noticed that if i push myself too far i almost black out. the doctors said its low sugar but im not so sure it has happened before the surgery just not as often. im on the pureed foods now. and i had drama the weekend after surgery due to a relative who did not like my course and decided to publicly bash anyone who does the surgery. i ignored her of course and now consider her an ex relative. anyone else having a hard time getting in all the required fluids during the day. or noticed they can drink more then an ounce at a time?

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member ANewCindy's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Cindy
    Surgery date
    05/09/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Last Activity
    08-15-2013 01:29 PM
    Said "Thanks" 26 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 12 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: almost 3 weeks....

You are not alone... I am 3 1/2 weeks out and actually had to be admitted to the hospital due to hydration because my sleeve was swollen at the entry area and fluids would not stay down ten days after. I am doing better now, but don't get nearly enough fluids down. I feel dehydrated and weak everyday... But know its very important. Keep that bottle by you and join me in trying to get those fluids down...
    As far as the relative, I've had several family members do the same. Unfortunately my mother took it upon herself to tell her whole side of the family. I've been bashed as well. I do the same and ignore it. Unless they research like we did and sit in our shoes, it's their ignorance speaking. I am soo very glad I had the sleeve and when they see all of the weight coming off and how happy you are, they will eat their words. You are doing GREAT with weight loss already.
    Let us know how you are doing and keep your head up and proud.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    05/21/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Uchal
    Last Activity
    08-20-2012 08:16 AM
    Said "Thanks" 37 Times
    Was Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 396 Times

Default Re: almost 3 weeks....

Wow, sorry you guys are going through that. I'm 2 weeks out and down 21lbs. I haven't spit up anything but noticed that too much water at 1 time hurts badly! I feel thirsty though. Not really weak but thirsty. I'm not diabetic, just like to drinks lots of water. I found that having ice chips throughout the day helps.