Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    10-05-2020 09:22 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 38 Times in 38 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 20 Times

Default Re: 19 days out. Major regret.

The hardest part about traveling to Mexico for vsg surgery is the lack of doctor support and information post op. Everything your feeling is normal and natural in my opinion. We just don't have the luxury of calling up our surgeon and having him/her talk us through our sleeve crisis. What you have to do is truly find a way to make you brain understand that you've just had major surgery and 19 days is still very soon. Take tomorrow and hate your sleeve, hate your surgery, hate your protein drinks even hate Dr. Almanza But the next day...slow down...re-organize (mentally, nutrition wise and physically) and remember why you wanted this surgery in the first place and that going back is not an option…so how can you move forward! Good luck and remember to reach out anytime you feel down.

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member StephInStL's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Stephy K
    Surgery date
    03/08/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr.Daren Minkin
    Last Activity
    02-09-2013 12:51 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

I get it.
    I was sleeved 10 days ago.
    When I look at the scale it makes me more disgusted with myself.
    I used to diet and work out and never EVER lose more than a few pounds. Then I have this surgery and I am not doing ANYTHING and 17...boop. gone.
    My doc told me the lack in energy is due to not getting enough protein (which he expects the 1st month) and after I get to a new normal eating schedule and my body gets used to the new supplements I am taking that my energy will pick up. I am hoping it does. I am having a very hard time at how I could get ALL my many many pounds up and moving with a fair amount of ease and the more I lose the harder it is to do anything.
    It sucks for sure, but I am keeping in my head that it is temporary and in a short time I will be living and loving my new life.
    Best wishes!
    Sleeved on 3/8/2012

Gastric Sleeve Member itsmytime's Avatar
    Name
    Misty
    Surgery date
    02/03/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    12-23-2016 11:16 PM
    Said "Thanks" 73 Times
    Was Thanked 236 Times in 213 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 154 Times
    Blog Entries

Those first few weeks are hard. I wanted to be active too. I know you're not used to it but you HAVE to give yourself a little more time. It was surgery after all and it is going to take a little time. I know you want to be out and about and enjoying life but patience is key. It gets better when you can consume some food with texture. You will get more energy and feel better. I hope you can say in another week or two that you are starting to feel back to normal. That first month is not easy so just cut yourself some slack. It's normal to have some regret and depression when you first have any major surgery.

Starting BMI 2/3/2012 - 38
    Goal BMI-24! REACHED and BELOW!! 10/2012 Current BMI 21.0!
    The best goals reached are the ones hardest earned.

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    01/11/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Henry Lin
    Last Activity
    05-22-2012 05:45 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Don't despair!! Depression can come from so many sources - pain, imbalances in your meds or nutrients, unmet expectations and just plain healing ! You have had major surgery and your body is trying to both heal and nourish you. Being tired is normal - we heal best when we sleep or rest. Being thirsty is also normal - I got very dehydrated a couple of weeks out because I use to drink a lot of water. Now I can take a max of 4 swallows and I'm full. Give yourself time to learn how to sip slowly but constantly. I always have a bottle of liquid (sometimes water, iced tea, or Isopure protein drink) with me. Our lives have changed and we have to learn to change how we eat and drink. I am now 2 months out and doing fine. But even now I can have a tough episode if I don't chew meat until it's mushy or take bites too quickly. I hit a plateau for a whole month (5-11 weeks out) and thought I'd never drop. You have done an awesome job so far and now you have a permanent tool to help your weight loss journey. You will get better. Just take it easy for a couple of weeks - try popsicles - the frozen fluid helps you swallow slowly. Come back to the forum often - YOU ARE NOT ALONE!! Rejoice in the knowledge that soon you will be back in the gym and everything will feel better and you will get to your goal. Here's a hug from me - You can do it!

Gastric Sleeve Member BABYGIRL44's Avatar
    Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    03/16/2012
    Surgeon
    DR. Keith Kim
    Last Activity
    04-07-2012 02:17 PM
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

the first few days has been hard for me.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
    Lisa

9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Nikki
    Surgery date
    01/25/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Louis Balsama
    Last Activity
    05-27-2013 09:45 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 37 Times

As lame as this sounds IT WILL GET BETTER. You have to cut yourself a break, you had major surgery not even 3 weeks ago, it takes time to heal --- physically, mentally, emotionally. Get your sleep, take naps, allow yourself this time to heal it's OK. ((((((HUGS)))))

Gastric Sleeve Member Sunflower's Avatar
    Surgery date
    03/10/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    09-08-2013 09:47 PM
    Said "Thanks" 682 Times
    Was Thanked 704 Times in 669 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 550 Times

I think that what you are feeling is normal. I would suggest that you might want to slow down a bit and give your body the time it needs to heal from major surgery. We all heal at different rate. I am doing great for having had surgery 9 days ago, but I am not my normal self yet, nor do I expect to be. Try to have some patience with yourself and allow yourself the time and space to adjust! I couldn't imagine going out all night and partying 19 days post-op! Your calorie intake is drastically reduced and yet you want to go back to your normal life already--of course you'll feel faint. As for thirst, I experience that as well, so I am retraining myself to take 2 ounces of H2O every 15 minutes, whether I think I need it or not. I cannot take in any more than that. I still wake up in the night very thirsty, so I sit up and take some sips and stay sitting up for a minute or so, so it can go down. It's a trade off that we chose to make, but it will get better.

Fast Weight loss Online at the Weight Loss Center

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12