Surgery date
    12/23/2010
    Surgeon
    Dr. Westmoreland
    Said "Thanks" 44 Times
    Was Thanked 57 Times in 48 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 41 Times

Default Re: Dating redux

Hey, Booth, do you have a blog somewhere other than the support group? I'd love the address. You are a funny guy. I enjoy reading about your escapades. Keep on dating (and posting about it).

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    02/07/2011
    Last Activity
    11-08-2013 04:26 PM
    Said "Thanks" 17 Times
    Was Thanked 70 Times in 45 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 19 Times

[QUOTE=tls;8340]Let me just say "I AM SO GLAD I AM MARRIED!!!!"

I have been with my husband for 19 years and we have been married 15 years. I just don't think I could handle being single. I think I forget all the work that is involved with dating, impressing, etc...

Marriage takes work too, but I don't think it compares to being single!!! ugghhh!!!

Keep up the hard work. Hope you meet that special one very soon!!!QUOTE]

tls- Congrats on the 19 years. I don't believe in divorce unless you are really really bored with the one you are with and/or you meet someone that makes you feel better than your lying cheating spouse does.... I am sure there are better and more reasons, but that is all I can think of.

Anyway, being single and dating is not too bad. Each date is basically like a marriage.
    You are joined together at a pre-arranged time and place. You eat surrounded by people you don't know. You may start off thinking that you are with the one you are meant to be with, but overtime you realize that it was a big mistake and start regretting the time you have wasted and by the end you are ready to get the heck out of dodge (or have meaningless sex and leave before it is time to buy/make breakfast).

I do miss the comfort of marriage, but I noticed that my teeth are alot whiter, I wear nicer clothes, and kissing is a lot more fun.

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    02/07/2011
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 17 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Kaye View Post
    Hey, Booth, do you have a blog somewhere other than the support group? I'd love the address. You are a funny guy. I enjoy reading about your escapades. Keep on dating (and posting about it).
    Kaye, you are very sweet. No, I do not have a blog. This is about as self-absorbed as I can get, because I cloak what I write with the guise that I am writing about Post-Op surgery issues, when we all know that I am closet narcissus who suffers from arrested development. (at least that is what my parole officer and therapist say about me).

7. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member GoofySpice's Avatar
    Surgery date
    04/11/2011
    Last Activity
    09-17-2014 03:42 PM
    Said "Thanks" 71 Times
    Was Thanked 173 Times in 90 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 85 Times

PHP Code:
     I don't believe in divorce unless you are really really bored with the one you are with and/or you meet someone that makes you feel better than your lying cheating spouse does.... 
    OMG I am laughing so hard I am having a coughing attack
    PHP Code:
    Each date is basically like a marriage 
    PHP Code:
    start off thinking that you are with the one you are meant to be withbut overtime you realize that it was a big mistake and start regretting the time you have wasted and by the end you are ready to get the heck out of dodge 
    I was just looking at the preview post AND... whats up with my "quoted" stuff??? It does not look like any of the others I have seen. Figures... :

***weight loss ticker also includes 23 lbs lost before surgery***

I am still a member of the clean plate club only now my plate is much smaller

Gastric Sleeve Member sandyfromoz's Avatar
    Name
    sandyfromoz
    Surgery date
    02/09/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Budak
    Last Activity
    01-18-2020 08:33 AM
    Said "Thanks" 6,066 Times
    Was Thanked 663 Times in 363 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Kaye View Post
    HMM!!!!! NO he is NOT the MESIAH, he is a very NAUGHTY BOY, and I may add he is now encouraging young KITSONK too.
    GO to the NAUGHTY CORNER both of you.
    (and make up some more stories, it's funny heheh)
    Free Weight Loss Tickers at Weight Loss Center

10. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgeon
    Dr George Hopkins
    Last Activity
    11-09-2013 03:13 AM
    Said "Thanks" 19 Times
    Was Thanked 234 Times in 134 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 80 Times

Booth - you are hilarious and it's always great to have a laugh. I've had a lot of dates in my time, by never in a bank queue (well, not that I can remember anyhow). I've just started (sort of) seeing someone. Just think by Xmas he'll be seeing 1/3 less of me !! And I've kept a lot of my nice clothes in smaller sizes so hopefully I won't look like something the cat dragged in. Hey - do you feel weird going to a restaurant and ordering the smallest thing that you can find? Bye, Sheryl

12. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    07-20-2011 06:58 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

I think it's important for you to feel confident with yourself. Just because your body doesn't fit a specific image doesn't mean a woman won't want to see or touch you with your shirt off. If a woman likes you enough, she may even appreciate your uniqueness. Not everyone wants a cookie cutter look straight off of the cover of a fitness magazine. Just be you!

Quote Originally Posted by Booth89e View Post
    I think under the circumstances, I did pretty well. I did not get into as much detail about how aggressive she was at the table. A couple of times, I thought I should pay her $3.99 per minute.

If I had done unto her what she done did to me, either we would have had a baby or I would have been arrested.

Of course, the only reason I did not go home with her was it would have been awkward to ask if I could leave my shirt on and for her not to touch anywhere north of my belly button and just below my pecs. Yeah, that isn't too sexy lingerie.

14. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    02/10/2011
    Last Activity
    04-22-2012 03:27 AM
    Said "Thanks" 29 Times
    Was Thanked 338 Times in 168 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 90 Times

Quote Originally Posted by GasTrick View Post
    Not everyone wants a cookie cutter look straight off of the cover of a fitness magazine.
    Mmmmmmm.... Cookies!!!!!

16. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgeon
    Dr George Hopkins
    Last Activity
    11-09-2013 03:13 AM
    Said "Thanks" 19 Times
    Was Thanked 234 Times in 134 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 80 Times

Smile Re: Dating redux

Oh

I'm still laughing !! I'm with Sandy - it's the Aussie sense of humour. But I'm with Di too !!

Firstly, don't go on a blind date. Secondly, I don't think you're a jerk because she was the aggressor and you didn't take advantage of it. Thirdly, poor plants.

But I also think that if a guy told me he was trying to lose weight, it would be good. Women only think that they have the weight problem.

Talk to us before you agree to another date, ok? from Sheryl

18. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    02/07/2011
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 17 Times

Quote Originally Posted by This is it View Post

Talk to us before you agree to another date, ok? from Sheryl
    Too late. My dance card is starting to fill up. I have a date tonight. Dinner and movie, which sounds very cliche' and it is.

I am finding that I live in area where a single father with less than 3 felony convictions can be considered the belle of the ball. And as long as my next court date goes well, I will still be under that limit! Fingers crossed.

I don't expect much of this date, so I will only share the highlights if it is interesting.

20. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Katy Tanner
    Surgery date
    12/23/2010
    Surgeon
    Dr. Westmoreland
    Said "Thanks" 44 Times

Good luck (with the court date and the actual date). Enjoy your evening, we will be waiting for your post tomorrow. And keep us laughing...it burns calories

22. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    01/17/2011
    Last Activity
    12-30-2011 05:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 13 Times
    Was Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 21 Times

Hey Booth!
    I have been reading this thread with utmost enjoyment. Thanks for sharing. I'm a fellow Texan, 45y/o female. The only date I've been asked out on was by a man
    who is 70. Didn't go, so no details to share...just wanted to say you are not alone
    out there in the dating pool! Best of luck!

24. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    02/07/2011
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 17 Times

Hello to all or anyone!

After a near two year absence, I thought I would come back on and check in with anyone that was around back then. I thought I would re-ignite this thread and finish my travails and success in the post-op dating world as well as invite anyone else to add their experience.

Looking forward to any and all responses!

26. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    02-09-2016 08:14 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Booth, I'm so glad you are back. I see you stopped short of your original weigh loss goal of 8 pounds (thank God)!! I haven't been on here is so long that I forgot how to sign on...I had to set up a whole new account just to read about your new dating adventures. I can't wait to start reading them. Also, I reached my goal weight some time back. The only trouble I have now is not getting to the gym as often as I should. Sometimes I am not as diligent as I should be. I go every day for a few months, and then I have to DRAG myself there once or twice a week. Other than that, things are good. I looks as if you have had great success as well.
    OK...off you go, start telling us about all the funny dates/encounters you've had. :-)

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Katy Tanner
    Surgery date
    12/23/2010
    Surgeon
    Dr. Westmoreland
    Said "Thanks" 44 Times

I know this is a re-post, sorry, but I just found my old account info. Again I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by KatyTanner View Post
    Booth, I'm so glad you are back. I see you stopped short of your original weigh loss goal of 8 pounds (thank God)!! I haven't been on here is so long that I forgot how to sign on...I had to set up a whole new account just to read about your new dating adventures. I can't wait to start reading them. Also, I reached my goal weight some time back. The only trouble I have now is not getting to the gym as often as I should. Sometimes I am not as diligent as I should be. I go every day for a few months, and then I have to DRAG myself there once or twice a week. Other than that, things are good. I looks as if you have had great success as well.
    OK...off you go, start telling us about all the funny dates/encounters you've had. :-)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast