Betsy
    Surgery date
    02/02/2011
    Last Activity
    11-26-2011 09:19 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Unhappy 3 weeks post op-Cant drink enough, cant eat enough, and i feel so tired

I want to go for walks because I want to get outside and feel the sunshine and be active but I dont have the energy. I still have a hard time getting dressed for work without taking rest breaks. The only foods that dont hurt are mushy carbs...which is not what I need. All proteins hurt, protein shakes now taste disgusting...tried em all and Isopure. ....and I used to love the taste of them. Just frustrated and ready to start feeling better. Yes I am losing weight and I am really thankful for that but I otherwise feel horrible. I have weekly b-12 injections and vitamin D and take my multivitamins and Nexium everyday. Any advise sleevers? Can anyone else tell me when I will start feeling better?

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    01/24/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Alvarez
    Last Activity
    05-13-2014 08:15 PM
    Said "Thanks" 220 Times
    Was Thanked 148 Times in 84 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 304 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 3 weeks post op-Cant drink enough, cant eat enough, and i feel so tired

Betsy,
    I am so sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I am not getting enough calories or water daily either. I was sleeved on Jan. 24th, but thankfully, I am not feeling what you are. I cannot explain why, but I am happy to tell you what I am doing and you can compare and see if anything I am doing might help you?
    I am on solid foods now, but before when I was on the clear/full liquids, I would do like a protein shake for breakfast, blenderized soups for lunch (like chunky healthy selections beef, etc), and more of the same for dinner. In between, I'd have the sugar free pudding, or jello, and protein bullets saved me in the protein department. You can get those at Walmart and they are called Protein Shots. 6 tubes in a box for $10, and like 26 gm protein. I think keeping your protein up is key. I always eat my protein first at a meal, then veggies, and if I have any room I have rice or any carbs I might have on my plate.
    As far as supplements, I take a chewable Centrum multi-vitamin daily, Biotin, CoQ10, Chewable Vitamin C, Chewable Calcium, Flax oil, and a stool softener because frequency is lacking for me. When I can, I also try to fit in the fish oil, Glucosamine sulfate and selenium. I don't always get the last 4 in every day, because you have to take your time taking these and it takes me all day to get them in.
    I don't have fatigue, or feel like I'm going to pass out. I have had a couple episodes where I blacked out, but this happened to me before the surgery when I was thinner. I have low blood pressure.
    I am able to walk on the treadmill, and actually jogged the other day for the first time since high school!
    I generally feel exceptionally well, and I hope that some of my suggestions help you feel better, FAST!
    Best of luck to you!
    Lisa
    CHECK OUT MY BLOG! momster1971@blogspot.com

Sleeved January 24th, 2011 with Dr. Alvarez

Gastric Sleeve Member Nana Renan's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    02/10/2011
    Last Activity
    08-07-2011 05:18 PM
    Said "Thanks" 27 Times
    Was Thanked 277 Times in 119 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 42 Times

Default Re: 3 weeks post op-Cant drink enough, cant eat enough, and i feel so tired

Betsy, sorry you're having such a difficult time. Lisa's post was good and I just wanted to throw out one more tho't.

I'm having some problems with tiredness, a fogginess of the brain and a slight headache which I recognize as symptoms I've had before -- and it comes from the increase in artificial sweeteners in my diet.

I've cut out the puddings and Jellos. Quit "salting" my Isopure with the KoolAid packets and now use an ounce or two of fruit juice. In just a couple of days I'm already feeling much better.

Its worth a try, yes?

Praying you feel better soon!!

Lap-Band removed and revised to Sleeve on 2/10/11

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Last Activity
    06-28-2014 11:22 PM
    Said "Thanks" 80 Times
    Was Thanked 35 Times in 23 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5 Times

Have you called your doctor to get their opinion on your progress? I understand that everyone's progress is different, but this doesn't sound normal to me.

When you say protein hurts... are you blending it and using broth or some other liquid to soften it? Are you getting in enough liquid?

I hope you feel better soon.