Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    03-14-2012 12:41 PM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Default How do I get started

I want this surgery. I have wanted for a while now and im not sure how to get started.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member brailynsmommy08's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Jackee
    Surgery date
    12/12/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Jose Rodregiz
    Last Activity
    11-24-2012 10:28 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How do I get started

First do you have insurance? Second if you don't do you have the means to self pay or make payments? Third are you ready for a life change? Fourth are you 100 lbs or more pounds over weight? If your insured they usually require 100 lbs over weight, 1 co-morbity (sleep apnea, asthma that is weight related, diabetes ect.) 6 months on a regulated weight loss plan and usually 2-3 years of documentation that you have been over weight. Or you must be 200 times over weight and do not need a co-moribity to go with it. If you are self pay if your paying in the states it can be from $9000-20000 for the surgery and its usually outpatient surgery in the states. In Mexico you can get it done for $4500-9000 and you tend to stay in the hospital for 2-3 days (day before, day of and day after released the 4th day). Mexico doesn't require you to be 100 pounds over weight and they don't hold all the restrictions the states do or insurance companies. You need to do your research on your doctors and the surgery you want as well. Do you want the Sleeve, Lap Band of Full Gastric Bypass? The first step if you have insurance is talking to your doctor and getting a referral out to a bariatric doctor who will start you on your way as to if you meet the criteria. You can also call your insurance and find out what they require if you have it that way you know ahead of time and you can start the process with your doctor. If you want to go to Mexico then you need to find a doctor, do research and save the money as well as get a passport or passport card which can take up to 6 weeks. So basically research if you want to do it in the states or mexico, if you have insurance find out what they require and set up an appointment with your doctor to get the blood work and stuff done and get a referral out.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    01/05/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Kelly
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 174 Times in 158 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 129 Times

Default Re: How do I get started

Asking such a general question shows me you haven't done your research, and that's key. How overweight are you? Are you insured? Does your insurance cover WLS? If not, are you willing to self-pay? Have you tried other diets and failed? Do you have a support system in place? Are you willing to completely change your lifestyle? Do your research!