Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    02-20-2017 02:25 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Getting closer

My surgery date is feb 15th. start my post diet on the 8th.I am ready and not Kinda scared. I know I need this my daughter is scare of me doing this I can see my son is too he is a senior this year and getting married in June. I am tired of carrying all this weight around. Some times I am tired of eating. I read on here about the problems some have also I see how happy some are. I just need to look at the out come of this surgery.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member brailynsmommy08's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Jackee
    Surgery date
    12/12/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Jose Rodregiz
    Last Activity
    11-24-2012 10:28 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Getting closer

YOu will do great. Nothing to fear but fear itself and as long as your in the right mind and ready for the change all things will go according to plan. Soon you will be on the loser train with the rest of us.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    01/31/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Beth Schrope
    Last Activity
    06-11-2013 10:08 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5 Times

I think it's perfectly normal to be worried, didn't we all worry prior to surgery? I work in a hospital and I realize the risks, but you also have to understand the percentage of risk. Like they say driving a car is actually riskier than flying. I had my surgery 6 days ago, I went through with flying colors and there was a small hiatal hernia that the surgeon repaired while she was in there(that we didn't even know about!). I lost about 8 pounds on the 2-week pre-op diet. I came home from surgery on day 3 and was a few pounds up. Only me I thought! But now I am down plus some. Post op there is swelling, so it wasn't realistic to step on the scale. It's such a different experience. Go for it, in the end the benefits of the new and healthier you will outweigh the couple of weeks of inconvenience. Personally I'm looking forward to someday fitting properly in an airplane seat, having more energy to be more active with my kids, less aches and pains in the lower back and knees and feet, and fitting into boots!! All the pretty boots accommodate skinny calves! :-) good luck to you!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    02-20-2017 02:25 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

Thank you. I think the same way about the inconvenience I know it will be about 2 weeks of it. Amen about fitting in a seat. I love going to the baseball games the seat are uncomfortable not wide enough lol. And going to watch a picture show. and sore knees I have them also.