Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    02-10-2011 04:41 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Smile Newbie - no sleeve yet

Hi, am planning on vsg surgery in TJ, with Dr. Ramos Kelly at the end of March. Have gotten a mixed bag of comments - some people really happy for me. Others have some horror story to tell - usually about a bypass patient!! Insurance excludes bariatric surgery, and I have got to get the weight off - related heart condition. I am happy about my decision and ready to move forward with a new tool to help me. Anyone gone thru my surgeon?? Any advice?? Thanks Jean

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    08/01/2010
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 255 Times in 129 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 221 Times

Default Re: Newbie - no sleeve yet

Well, nobody told me about horror stories due to WLS, I saw it for myself...someone I know died due to complications, but that didn't stop me and I truly believe I made the right decision in having surgery.
    Good luck!

Gastric Sleeve Member cutie0615's Avatar
    Name
    Christine
    Surgery date
    05/11/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Goyal
    Last Activity
    11-06-2012 08:01 PM
    Said "Thanks" 24 Times
    Was Thanked 77 Times in 44 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 50 Times

Well I am still in the stage where I am considering the surgery. My friend is almost 2 months post op and has lost 30lbs..she is doing well and says she feels great..I wake up everyday hating to get out of bed and every step I take I can't even catch my breath. I am just so miserable I feel I have no other alternative except surgery. My husband is worried that something will happen to me and I am scared too but the benefits are so great if everything works out. I am going for an endoscopy (due to my severe heartburn, acid reflux) and I have a sleep apnea test scheduled for the end of this month. I am also going to attend a seminar about the gastric sleeve procedure..wish me luck on this journey...once again any feedback is appreciated Thank you!!!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    di
    Surgeon
    Dr Chaudri
    Last Activity
    07-13-2014 08:53 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 34 Times in 21 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 72 Times

Hi,

I am out of a job after one job for 38 years. Was on the roller coaster with insurance till they flat out said NO. Used my retirement money to pay for it myself. Had to battle with the Psychologist who turned me down cause she thought I didn't have a big enough support group and lived alone isolated. My best friend argued with me for months with all the horror stories from her government medical job, and she still gives me a hard time over the least thing regarding food.

I did it anyway and wonder why in the world I wasted so much time. Why didn't I do this last year when I first heard about the sleeve. I love my Doctor, the hospital was excellent, I was treated like a queen. I did have one ER visit for dehydration but I caused that myself because I knew better. I had been told over and over. But I'm stronger now and more determined.

Don't doubt yourself. You won't regret it.

Nov 3 - 319
    Dec 8 - 304 dos
    Now - 269
    tnx, di

Gastric Sleeve Member cutie0615's Avatar
    Name
    Christine
    Surgery date
    05/11/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Goyal
    Last Activity
    11-06-2012 08:01 PM
    Said "Thanks" 24 Times
    Was Thanked 77 Times in 44 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 50 Times

Thank you for the inspiration I am so sorry for what you had to go through but I am happy you are finding success and doing well. It is a great story and it makes me realize that I am wasting my time worrying about doing the surgery instead of just doing it. So, I am going to go through with it because I know it will change me and help me live a healthier life...Thank you for reaching out & Good Luck on the rest of your journey Keep me posted on your progress!!!

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents