Dr. Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    04-08-2012 07:25 PM
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 9 Times

Cool A new beginning

Hi everybody,
    Well I should have started this earlier but better late than never ....well today is day 13 after my
    Surgery I scheduled my surgery for jan 2nd in Tijuana with dr. Kelly I had a few questions and doubts
    Like most everyone but once I decided on the doctor I set my date ...two weeks pre op diet the first four days weren't so bad the last three a little harder...drove from orange county to San Diego on the 1st of jan and checked in to hotel Los amigos ....the next day transferred to the hospital mi doctor small but really clean and nice the place is only about a year old the staff was very nice and helpfull if you need anything you need only ask. Anyway my surgery only took an hour all went smoothly despite my diabetes & hi blood pressure ...the first day was the worst for me some pain and nausea mostly when trying to drink liquids ...ice chips helps if you have a thermal jug or cup for the nurses to fill with ice for you I took one made by contigo a life saver. After two days at the hospital I was eager to move on and when it came time to transfer back to hotel I was happy to be back in regular clothes and be able to walk around only 3rd day after surgery I felt good enough that i went for a walk with my aunt and found a little coffee shop near the hotel ...kaffa Bistro a small cafe-bar it's a really nice place to kick back have a tea or coffee or surf the net well on the 6th back to San Diego ...two weeks after surgery and I can now add soft foods to my diet ....I guess all in all it was a good thing I managed to loose 50lbs. On my own before deciding on the surgery and another 20lbs.on the pre-op diet....haven't wanted to weigh myself but all my clothing is getting bigger actually me smaller. I love it ....it's only the beginning and I just wanted to say thank you to all the people who wrote to tell there story's and helped to make this all so much easier for me.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member christina's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    06/02/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Atkinson
    Last Activity
    10-07-2014 08:32 AM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times

Default Re: A new beginning

You are right, It's a new beginning and for me its been the best thing that I have ever done for myself! Congrats

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Sawnie "Sony"
    Surgery date
    01/02/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    04-08-2012 07:25 PM
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 9 Times

Thanks means the world to me.

Gastric Sleeve Member N2DVN_Hubby's Avatar
    Name
    Lewis
    Surgery date
    01/08/2012
    Surgeon
    Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    01-08-2015 07:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 22 Times
    Was Thanked 109 Times in 101 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,478 Times
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the site. Feel free to talk about anything that you have concerns with, we are very open on this site and will strive to to help you with any concerns you may have. Stay in touch.
    Listen with your eyes, See with your heart, Love with your hands!