Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

What's Going on Friends

1. katente
    katente
    I had the sleeve surgery in April. Things went well I 'm down 67lbs from surgery date 87lbs from the start of the program. I am doing more in service. I was able to attend the convention this pass weekend without the use of my role chair or wheel chair. I did use my cane to study myself when I walked. I even took the stairs. I still have joint pain but it's not as bad as it has been. I pray it will get better as I lose more weight. I am so thankful to Jehovah for this surgery. I hope you all are doing fine.
  2. Shaquayla
    Shaquayla
    Hi..Im a Australuan Jw.Im 10 days post op and looking forward to better health and being able to serve Jehovah with more vigour..Ive list 20kg in the last few weeks..so doing well...gas is my ownly issues..I think I swallow too much air talking to much...lol..it gurgles just under my rib cage and is just enoying till I can get it up..besides that all is fine..
  3. Shaquayla
    Shaquayla
    Hi..Im a Australian JW. Im 10 days post op and looking forward to better health and being able to serve Jehovah with more vigour..Ive lost 20kg in the last few weeks..so doing well...gas is my ownly issues..I think I swallow too much air talking to much...lol..it gurgles just under my rib cage and is just enoying till I can get it up..besides that all is fine..
  4. lizpuga4186
    lizpuga4186
    Hi sisters is good to here you have a successful gastric sleeve.I still haven't got mine but I'm praying to Jehovah everything goes smoothly. I'm doing this because I have severe hip arthritis and need a hip replacement ..if I want to keep on preaching Jehovah's word I really need to do this .. imglad their is a support system with fello w Jw.
  5. ffrobbyrob
    ffrobbyrob
    I had the sleeve on July 3rd. No pain with the surgery but so much gas. Walk as much as you can to get rid of it. I was having trouble with an ankle I broke a couple years back and my knees were strating to bother me. I did not want all the weight I was carrying to compound the problem. I am down almost 60 pounds from when I started the journey. My convention is next weekend and I can not wait. I will be able to sit in the stadium chairs with no pain in my sides. Love and prayers from your brother in Md USA.
  6. lizpuga4186
    lizpuga4186
    Hi brother im glad you feeling great with sleeve.I just had my convention in may and it was amazing. I hope you enjoy it . The only bad part is I have hip problems and need a hip replacement . So it was bothering me, I hate it because im un able to stay seated for long periods of times and would missed some parts of the assembly.
  7. judge52
    judge52
    Hi Bro & Sisters
    I am a brother age 61 who has gone thru the process and plan to have the sleeve surgery at the end of Sept. I live outside the Atl and getting a little nervouse as the date gets closer because of my age. Are there any others who are older who have had or are considering the surgery and how are you dealing with the last minute jitters? I have all the co-morbidities so I believe the surgery will benefit me in the long run but every now and than I wonder if my decision is the correct one at this stage in life.
    I have taken my concerns to Jehovah in prayer and am confident in the resurrection hope, but yet I still wonder if this is something I souls be doing
  8. judge52
    judge52
    Hi Friends
    Are you sharing your decission to have the surgery with the friends? If so how was the response ? I am reluctant to share my decission but have let the Brothers know I will be having abdominal surgery without the specifics.
    Naturally they are concerned but also curious. But this is something I personally don't want to share. How are you handling any questions about your precedure