Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

8 months out and feeling wonderful

1. Lillyn
    Lillyn
    I have not posted in a long time but thought I would stop by and let you all know how things have been going. I am 8 months out and feeling great! I have a 51 lb loss and continue to my goal which I hope to make at my year anniversary. My life has completely changed and I am enjoying so much with a very positive attitude. No more knee or back pain, fighting depression because of my weight and feeling awful evertime I shop.( I love clothes and things just did not fit) I am now walking , running, doing zumba nd just about anything i want without limitations. I am wearing a size 6/8 and being noticed for my success on a daily basis. This feels like a rebirth and I am so grateful for my surgeon (shillingford) family, friend and this support group in helping me through this journey. My days usually are about not counting calories, avoiding foods or just plain worrying about food. I spend my whole adult life doing that! Now i eat in moderation ( my sleeve does that for me) and always remember my basic rules to go along with my tool, protein first ( as much as I can daily) water ( as much as I can daily) and tracking my weight/inches to keep me honest and motivated. Happy is an understatement! Only regret is that I wasted so much time, money and energy trying all the years to win the battle...........but no looking back only forward and going to enjoy every minute of my new found life.
  2. Juana Loseweight
    Juana Loseweight
    So happy to hear of your success! I'm pre-op and getting the ball rolling to be a self-pay gastric sleeve patient with Dr. Shillingford! I love to hear such amazing reviews, he seems like an excellent surgeon!