Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Anyone else stalling?

1. txbluebonnet
    txbluebonnet
    I've been at the same weight for about a week now and I'm just trying to not think about it, but its all I can do. Just wondering if anyone else is stalling, and what are your thoughts? I know they are inevitable and I know it will pass but I think I have gotten spoiled. I have been so use to getting on the scale and seeing such a wonderful drop and now it makes me a little sad. I'm still having trouble getting 64oz of water in blah. I try to sip sip sip all day but it still doesn't seem to be enough. Sorry for my pity party. I feel better now getting it out there though. Hope everyone is doing well.
  2. happyhabit
    happyhabit
    Yep week 3 was a stall for me. Beginning week 4 today and lost 2 pounds Hopefully this means the stall is broken for awhile!
  3. MrBill
    MrBill
    I started my third week, and I haven't lost anything in about 3 days. Not worried though. I think my body is just adjusting. Hang in there!
  4. iamredforever
    iamredforever
    I have had many stalls. Last one was a week long,then this week I lost 5 lbs. not to worry, keep following the doctors guidelines, and the weight will start to come off again.
  5. GoLizzyGo
    GoLizzyGo
    Yes, me too!!! It's day 5 and this morning I was starting to feel down b/c I was so sure of myself last night that I'd break through it this morning, but no...lol. Unfortunately they are to be expected, but I didn't expect it at my 2 week post-op mark, though. It's funny because this is the same weight I stalled at a previous time I tried to lose weight a couple years ago. Why do our bodies do this? I guess there is some truth to "the setpoint" in our metabolism. It really resists losing weight. Especially when yo-yo dieting has occured... I just need to have that hope revived in me that I will break through this stall. One thing to note is that I too, have trouble getting in 64 oz water. I start off great but can't seem to get it down throughout the day. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when I start back to work, it's going to be that much harder getting my fluids down.
  6. Jenjen5159
    Jenjen5159
    Yeah I've been having trouble too I got down 40 pounds and now the scale is stuck
  7. GinnyC
    GinnyC
    I am prepared for the 3 week stall. I intend to eat 600 calories of protein a day, step up the exercise intensity and length of time, and try to get the water in. I am on my period (sorry guys) and I gained 5 pounds since yesterday!!!!! I knew it would happen. I also don't use the bathroom as much as I did before the sleeve, maybe once a week....so I sure wish I could get that going again too.
  8. fieldsofdreams
    fieldsofdreams
    I hit the 3 week stall too, but I have since lost another few pounds. I think I wasn't eating enough, started back on another protein shake (which I am getting very tired of) and now, hopefully, I am back on track. Hang in there!
  9. Avery
    Avery
    I'm with the rest of you May sleevers I've been on a 3 week stall right now! I still can't believe it. Three freakin weeks!! I'm eating between 65-80 grams of protein a day, I'm drinking my water, taking my vitamins, walking every day about 45 minutes on the treadmill....I just can't wrap my head around the fact that the scale is NOT moving!! It's very frustrating. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can break this stall???? I eliminated the bananna from my protein shake this morning (thinking maybe I'm getting in too many "carbs"). Geez i don't know! Some days my calorie count is too low (600) and some days I get up to 1000. I'm trying to shake it up a bit to see if things will move...and nothing!
  10. Truebody
    Truebody
    Yep. Been bouncing around the 93/94kg mark for a week. Driving me bonkers.
  11. wannabhealthy50
    wannabhealthy50
    I too hit that 3 week stall but it broke fairly quickly. I stayed off the scale and amazingly, the stall broke. Hang in there! Remember, it's not a sprint, it's a marathon!
  12. galmila
    galmila
    Yep I am in a stall. the exact weight has come up on the scale the last 3 days. (how it could be exact I don't know) But it is also my time of the month coming up and I wonder if that might play a role. But I am not gaining and I am getting stronger everyday!
  13. halfthemaniusedobe
    halfthemaniusedobe
    You are going to stall. It's ok!!! just stick to it, stop weighing yourself daily. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate!!! We all stall. I stalled for about two weeks....but waited an extra work to weigh....then I had lost another 8 lbs. Worry not.....it will pass.
  14. txbluebonnet
    txbluebonnet
    Thanks for everyone's share!
  15. skinny2be
    skinny2be
    Thank you for starting this thread!!!!! I kept thinking what the heck am I doing wrong!! I thought for sure when I went back to work that would do the trick but still nothing. I'm anxiously awaiting week 4 to hit so I can ditch this stall!!! I'm glad I'm not alone on this. Brings much piece of mind.
  16. Pmymky
    Pmymky
    I hit my 3 week stall and it's been a week... just weighed this morning and still nothing... I know I need more water/fluids but really????? How long does this last? I've seen a week... 3 days.... Should I not worry if I stall for a month? Just worried I'm doing something wrong
  17. cbridges1962
    cbridges1962
    I'm 4+ weeks out and I stalled a bit @ 3 weeks, if you can call it a stall. I have lost 19 lbs since 05.08.13 sleeve day. I am not going to complain about that. I stay at the same weight about 3 days and then lose a lb or 2, sometimes. My doc office told me @ my 2 week post op that weight loss will slow down now to 1-2 lbs a week, maybe less. She said about 2-3 months out it will pick up again and I would lose about 10 lbs a month. I would say she is right on the money with me.

Please guys, don't sweat this. I think the most important thing is to focus on being compliant. If we do we ARE going to lose this weight. I'm saying prayers for all of us.
  18. Pmymky
    Pmymky
    cbridges... thanks! I was sleeved on 5/8 as well and have lost 31 pounds but now nothing for over a week.. not even an ounce. I know it will happen I just wanted to make sure I didn't need to change anything... I don't get quite enough water in but I'm close. I'll never give up and I also am not complaining because I feel stronger and have more energy every day. Prayers for everyone as well from me.
  19. txbluebonnet
    txbluebonnet
    Well I dropped a pound this morning...could this mean my stall is over for now? Oh I hope so. I will know for sure in the morning.
  20. skinny2be
    skinny2be
    Ok I think my stall is over for now. I have dropped 2 since I first posted in this thread. I am down to 194 and pretty dang happy!!!
    Still trying to wrap my mind around that not even a month ago I was 218. This is a crazy ride and I love every minute of it!!!!! Good luck to everyone on ditching your stall!!!!!
  21. GinnyC
    GinnyC
    I am stalled. I barely eat anything, can't even get in 500 calories and went from 290 to 295 overnight and that was a week ago. THEN I weighed one night and was at 288and the next morning I was 293 and I'm still there. I'm thinking why did I even do this?
  22. wannabhealthy50
    wannabhealthy50
    Ginny, you did this to change your life! Remember that....it's not a sprint, it's a marathon. Hang in there!
  23. RHDB
    RHDB
    I've been stalled since I last weighed on June 2nd. I'm not too worried though because I know I'm losing inches off my body, it's just not showing up on the scale. I feel like I'm far enough out from surgery that I don't have to weigh as often to check for complications showing up in weight regain so I'm staying off the scale. I look at what I'm eating -- and more what I'm not eating -- and I know I have to be losing something. Hopefully it won't be my mind if this stall continues for another 2 weeks lol.
  24. sweetsleeve
    sweetsleeve
    I too had a 3+ week stall, but it has started coming off again. PTL !
  25. libellule
    libellule
    I have stalled too, and this morning the scale said Lo (no batteries ) so I guess I will see what tomorrow brings. I have heard from others that have had the sleeve for some time that a stall at 3 weeks is normal.
  26. EYee13
    EYee13
    I am frustrated. Stalled at the 3wk post op mark...haven't lost anything for 3 weeks straight. Makes me crazy.
  27. yourstrulycate
    yourstrulycate
    I totally skipped the 3 week stall...but I'm stalled for this week (5). Ugh. It is sooooo frustrating, but completely necessary! I'm trying to combat my frustrations by being proactive...gonna start walking in the evenings again, making sure I consume all of my water, and get plenty of rest! Yes, rest! I notice that the better sleep I get, the more weight I lose!
  28. mmaga1916
    mmaga1916
    I am almost 6 weeks out and have stalled as well, I have lost 24 pounds since my surgery date of 5/13. its been almost 2 weeks and I haven't seen much of a change since week 4. I am going to start swimming so hopefully I will start to see some results..
  29. Pmymky
    Pmymky
    Finally got past my stall... I'll go 2-3 days and lose nothing then lose 3 pounds... It's crazy. I'm @ 6 1/2 weeks and lost 36 pounds. I guess we all lose differently but as long as I'm feeling better I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. Good Luck everyone!
  30. YHutch
    YHutch
    My Dr. told me to hide the scales. I was getting up every morning weighing myself at first it was great seeing the loss every morning. then yes around week three it slowed down. Anyway he told me to weight myself only once a month. That way you do not get discouraged and bummed. It has helped me but I have cheated and went and weight myself a few times and the loss has been a inspiration when I do weigh. My six weeks starts tomorrow and I'm down 336#'s. Just keep a positive outlook on your new way of life. Getting back into working out sure has helped out the stall times too. Keep up the good work everyone. Good Luck!
  31. Rondabug
    Rondabug
    Thanks to all for your posts. I've been very down on myself as I've been stalled for 3+ weeks. It gives me hope that others of you have faced the same and beat it!
  32. Zewski1602
    Zewski1602
    Thank you. Thank you. For these stories. I have stalled for weeks now and needed to hear these stories! I was worried I was doing something wrong. Just keep plugging away! -23lbs since June 13th.